0

robb969
1

How to replace the Digitizer

I have a cracked digitizer, and have purchased a replacement. Note: This is JUST the digitizer, as my LCD screen is fine. I get the phone broken down as far as I can get, with the screen component completely apart, but can't seem to figure out how to get the digitizer off of the LCD screen. Do I need a heat gun or something?

1

David Hodson

Usually when the digitizer and LCD need to be separated, you'll need a heat gun, thin prying tools, and a lot of patience. My two prying tools of choice are our guitar picks or a plastic opening tool.

Plastic Opening Tools

Soft tip prying tools for DIY electronics repair. Use to open your iPod, iPhone, or any other sensitive mobile electronic devices. The soft plastic won't scratch your device, but the strong tip will easily pry it open. It's the essential tool for opening — 50+ available at 2.95 each.

iFixit Opening Picks set of 6

Thin prying tool for opening electronic devices. Guitar picks are essential to open any iPad, tablet, or smartphone sealed with adhesive. — 50+ available at 4.95 each.