0

Peter
1

Change of RAM possible?

can I change/upgrade the RAM in my MBPr13"?

Up to now I have 8GB and if it is possible, I like to upgrade to 16GB.

Thx

1

qpunk

Apple support page

it appears you cant as MBP 13 is a 8GB maximum.

sorry for the bad news.

0

Sean
1

No in the 2012 MacBook Pro Retina you cannot upgrade the ram to 16gb, you actually cant upgrade the ram at all. However in other MacBook Pro's many people have doubled the claimed maximum amount. Simply because apple says 8gb is the maximum amount doesnt make it true, I have 16gb's in my (Mid 2012 13" MacBook Pro) and apple says the maximum ram is 8gb so take what they say with a grain of salt.

ps.The Life expectance of the retina models are 2 years, Apple is selling out what used to be a company that was dedicated to the users is now only worried about profit and made many if not all of the past models upgradeable parts now non upgradeable in the newer models. (i.e MacBook Pro Retinas and MacBook Air's) They have now started glueing the Retina models battery to the case with an abundant amount of glue and they are non replaceable with a life expectancy of 10K charges. Well you ask what does that mean? in means the average persons MacBook Pro Retina will only last 2 years (and degrade by $4 every time you plug it in) Apple needs to go back to how they were when the became who they once were.

0

Max GR
55

Simply, No. The MacBook Pro Retina Series has RAM that is soldered to the Motherboard. Just look at the iFixit Teardown and you will learn that simply, NO.