0

Matt
1

Headphone tip broken off in headphone slot

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

Half of my head phone tip broke off inside my nexus 7. Any suggestions on a tool to use to get it out? I am able to get the back cover off but don't want to mess with the screws if possible.

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , Matt ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

0

Will Preston
235

take a screw driver and put super glue on the end and let it rest on the top of the plug, leave for a while and hold firmly. Once dry slowly remove. Had to do this for an iPhone in my shop earlier this week.

BE PATIENT !!!!! and careful.

0

raj32608
1

Super Glue did not work for me. Remove the back cover of nexus 7 (Use small flat screwdriver, insert between cover and frame, wiggle and back cover will come out). There is a small cover part on top of head jack slot. Remove it, then use small screw driver to push out broken jack piece. Put the piece that you have removed it and close the cover. There is no need to take out any screws. Hope this helps.