0

Jorge Sosa
1

I need help removing a stripped screw by the headphone jack assembly?

I'm pretty sure on the way to removing my silent button, I stripped the screw trying to remove the headphone jack cable assembly. My overall goal is to change the midframe of my iphone 4s to red, the screw Im pretty sure I stripped is on step 32 of installing the iphone head jack cable, and its located near the silent switch. Also any direction towards replacement screws incase I may need one would be great, thanks!

Edited by: Jorge Sosa ( )

0

Jorge Sosa
1

I didn't do it this way what ended up happening was my father used some diamond edged tool to basically turn the screw into a flathead and we got it out that way...

1

Craig

You can Ty to drill the head off the screw then after removing the headphone jack you will have better access o the stripped screw.

So I have no power tool or hardware experience at all so what are the tools I would need? Do they make drills delicate enough for the iphone?

Jorge Sosa,