0

vjlanter
1

iPhone 5 front glass only part

You don't list just the front glass as a part. Surely you have the part. And the adhesive?

Edited by: vjlanter ( )

2

gizmo4sal3

The front glass and LCD assembly are FUSED together. Taking them apart is not an option and that is why the display assembly sells as a total pre-assembled unit.

First, let me say that I believe you. But, there a suppliers that offer the glass for around $15. It makes me scratch my head.

vjlanter,

yes you can purchase it separate, but you need the tools to A: separate the LCD from the digitizer (almost impossible) and B: you need to have the tools to fuse the digitizer with the LCD, which is pretty much impossible. There are plenty of vendors out there that will sell you anything, but that does not mean that the DIY'er can use them.

0

Danny
1

The front glass can be replaced and it's not that hard. All it takes is a little heat, a thin piece of wire (like a guitar string or piano wire), electronic parts cleaner, a new glass with adhesive, small roller, and a vacuum source of some type (like a vacuum pump or vacuum food sealer machines)

Apple replaces the screen glass by the hundreds and sells the phones as "refurbished". But for about $50, the average person can do it or pay someone with the equipment $100 or so to do it. That's way less than $200-$300 for a new digitizer assembly.

0

Gary
289

Ole' Danny Boy'

Can you guide me to one of these repair people. i need mine done.