5

Mike Larson
61

How can I repair my iPhone 3GS' speaker and motion sensor?

HELP! I replaced the glass with an iFixit part and guide, for my iPhone 3GS speaker and now the motion sensor and iPhone ear speaker (not speakerphone) is broken. I tried to reseat the cables multiple times and nothing worked! Any suggestions? Parts?

Edited by: David Patierno ( ) , Walter Galan ( )

Brady, thanks for the input! I appreciate you getting back. I reseated the audio cable 5 times, while it was open i tested it, i think the heat gun may have damaged the sensor and the audio? What part can i buy, i need to get this fixed! The cable does not looked damaged. Any ideas?

Mike Larson,

Heat Gun?? you only need to use the heat gun for like 5 seconds on low. it doesnt take much to get the adhesive hot.

Tracy,

4

Brady Cabe
2k

It sounds like (no pun intended) cable #3 is not fully seated within the connector on the logic board or the connector/cable is damaged. Although you have tried re-seating this connector, it never hurts to try again. Also, does the cable itself or the connector on the logic board appear physically damaged in any way? Make sure the connector's locking bar is flipped up before sliding the cable into the connector. Good luck!

In reply to: Re: How can I repair my iPhone 3GS' speaker and motion sensor? http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/1078/... Brady Cabe wrote: Although iFixit does not sell that part individually, the contains iPhone 3GS display assembly that cabling. Good luck! -- Brady, not sure what you mean here, by "the contains" please advise! thank you.

Mike Larson,

It looks like a few words were missing there. Ha, sorry. What I meant to say is that the iPhone 3GS display assembly contains the cable you need to replace. Granted the part includes much more than you need, but because that cable is not sold separately, that is the best thing I can suggest at this point. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you :(

Brady Cabe,

0

Nick Holtappels
1

@ollie: it's normal that there's some space in between the white line and the connector. I've repaired several iPhones and I've never managed to get the cable in any further. BTW, dunno where you read that crap, but the lock is never gonna close by itself, no matter how hard you push the cable...

@the others: sorry for posting this as an answer, but I can't comment (yet?) and I couldn't find any PM system or the like

0

highone140 140
1

im having the same problem, i just chanced the camera

my prox sensor, speaker and my lcd backlight is gone

If the above answer did not solve your issue, please star a new question and state your symptoms. This question is 2 1/2 years old.

mayer,