No Signal - No Service - No Capacitor - Motherboard picture
Hi to all,
this is my first post here. I heard about this forum on another website...that hear are professionals and they could help me maybe.
So my problem...i have bought an used iPhone 4 which is factory unlocked and jailbreaked. When i put my sim card inside i can use
WIFI without problems, but i don't get phone signal...always searching and no signal - no service.
So i decided to open the phone, and look...
- i see a broken signal antenna which was not connected anymore (I will buy a new one and replace it)
- the battery bracket connector was not there - somebody removed it and lost (I will buy a new one and replace it)
- i don't see the small blue capacitor-coil...and there shold be another small capacitor (smd)...look at the picture (?????)
Picture: http://oi46.tinypic.com/n532i8.jpg [/B]
Can somebody tell me if this is normal that there is no capacitor near the antenna connection? I looked on other pictures of iphone logic boards and
saw, that they have a small blue capacitor there and also another one capacitor, which is same size but not blue.
Should i buy new smd capacitors and solder on the board or? What are the suggestions...a
Thank you guys for your help in advance!
Depending on your soldering skills you could also use liquid silver. It is really easy to apply and is made for situations like this. I often do iPhone repairs and find this very usefull. But keep in mind that this stuff is more expensive then soldering, i paid €30,- for it.
Hi to all :)
Many thanks to everybody for all your answers and help.
1. I ordered a new antenna and replaced it
2. I just straightened antenna connector a little bit
3. I did solder a bridge - where the blue coil should be located
And the signal is there. Great...but i see now the wifi signal get worse, then before...hmmm.
Hola soy de Argentina y tengo el mismo problema! adquiri un Iphone 4 16gb Black, sin garantia que supuestamente estaba BLOQUEADO. cosa que asi no fue, el telefono esta liberado por imei, de todos modos no levanta señal. Aparece buscando y luego SIN SERVICIO. Lo desarme y veo que no hay continuidad en la antena entre los positivos. Alguien puede ayudarme? mi email es ALANCMG@GMAIL.C