My Battery Connector is Broken
My AT&T iPhone battery connector is broken . I know it can be fixed rather than just buying a new motherboard, which is roughly about the same as buying a new iPhone if not more . Buying a new connector is simple if I knew how to completely attach it back to my iPhone . How can this be done ?
Do not buy another motherboard or a new phone. This is totally fixable. We get these repairs in our shop every day. Have any of the solder pads been lifted as well when the battery connector came out?
Here is what we do:
1. We go in and replace any missing solder pad.
2. We scrape off the top layers off the trace cover so the copper is exposed.
3. We then overlap solder the solder pad to the trace repair the circuit.
4. We then resolder the connector to the 4 solder pads.
5. You are then very happy as your iPhone is permanently fixed.
A few things to consider. Florida iDoctor does not use jumper wires as this is really a messy fix and not very mechanically sound. The method we list here is basically what we do and we have a very high success rate. Let me know if you have any other questions.