An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO 510S-23ISU Troubleshooting
- System Fails to Power on
- Computer Freezes or Lags While Looking at Photos
- Unexpected System Shutdown
- USB Port Not Responding
- Loud Fan Noises
1. Check power cord and on/off button for proper installation
2. Utilize the power supply reset by unplugging the power cord and holding down the on/off button for 10 seconds.
3. Check that the power switch is mounted to the chassis or to the fan/speaker/power switch assembly.
Note:The switch should be securely attached to the chassis. If the switch becomes dislodged, it can be pushed back into place.
4. Make sure that power is available and that there is a direct connection to a wall sockets. Use a different power cord if possible. Get rid of any power surges or strips that may be in use.
If this still does not help, contact Lenovo customer service.
The computer takes a long time to register any control.
If a computer does not have enough memory, it will struggle to keep up with loading so many pictures at once. To fix this, turning off the thumbnail photo option in windows explorer can help to alleviate this. Similarly, adding another stick of RAM can speed up your computer all around.
Check to make sure that your storage on your computer is not full. Often times, having a full hard drive can bog down a system.
When a computer is in a small space and there is not enough air to cool the components, the processor will throttle itself in order to not overheat. In this situation, checking to see that the fan is working properly and is clean will help to lower the temperatures of the processor.
Your computer shuts down at unexpected or random times.
Computers can overheat if there is not adequate airflow inside the computer which can be caused by a dirty or blocked vent. To fix this, use compressed air to blow dust off the vents and fan, then make sure the area in front of the vents is cleared while the device is in use.
Computers can also overheat if the fan is faulty. If the whirring of a motor cannot be heard while the device is in use, your fan may be broken and needs to be replaced.
Check to make sure the power adapter is securely plugged into the outlet and the computer. An intermittent connection can cause undesired results. If the unexpected shutdowns continue, you may need a new power adapter.
Before assuming the USB port is the issue, try plugging in your device (mouse,flashdrive,hard drive etc.) into other ports. If the issue persists on all ports your device may be the issue.
interfering electricity or static could be affecting your USB port. This is one of the reasons why good ground connections (power cords with 3 prongs), preferably from a single common grounding point such as a good power strip is essential to equipment protection just as much as operator safety.
1. Plug the cable into the socket and the machine.
2. Turn power off at the wall.
3. Hold down the power button on the front of the machine for 1 minute
4. Turn wall socket back on.
5. Turn machine back on.
The fan operates at a high speed at all times.
Check the fan control settings in the System Configuration Utility:
- Power on the computer and press F1 when prompted to enter the System Configuration Utility.
- Highlight Legacy Fan Control and press Enter.
- Highlight Quiet and press Enter.
- Press F10 to save the settings.
- Press the Esc key to return to the main menu.
- Exit the System Configuration Utility.