An awesome student from our education program made this wiki. It is not managed by iFixit staff.
Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT Troubleshooting
Released April, 2012. Identified by model code 2595LMT.
- Battery Will Not Charge
- Device Will Not Connect to Computer (USB Mass Storage Mode)
- GPS Mount Won’t Hold
- Maps on Device Cannot Be Found
- Maps Won’t Install/Update
Battery Will Not Charge ¶
When you plug in your device, it does not charge.
Dysfunctional Vehicle Power Cable Fuse ¶
The fuse in the vehicle power cable that provides power to the device may be dysfunctional.
Vehicle Is Not Turned On ¶
Check to make sure your vehicle is turned on. The vehicle must be turned on in order for device to charge.
Vehicle Temperature Is Too Hot or Too Cold ¶
The battery can only accept a charge between 32 degrees Fahrenheit and 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
If the battery still will not charge, it may be that the battery itself is no longer functional. To learn how to replace the battery, use our Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT Battery Replacement.
Device Will Not Connect to Computer (USB Mass Storage Mode) ¶
Device cannot be detected when connected to a computer.
USB Readability ¶
- Unplug USB cable from computer, plug it back in, and reconnect the device
- Turn device off then on again
- Make sure the USB cable is plugged directly into the computer and through a docking station or hub
- Plug the USB cable into an alternate USB port on the computer
GPS Mount Won’t Hold ¶
When you place your GPS mount on the windshield of your vehicle, it falls off.
Unclean Surface ¶
Check to make sure the windshield of where you place your mount is clean, dry, and dust-free for the suction to work. Re-adjust mount to surface.
Worn Out Mount ¶
If you've had your Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT mount for a long time, it might be time to replace it. The mount is no longer able to support the weight of the device over long periods of time due to wear and tear. Use our Garmin Nuvi 2595LMT GPS Mount Replacement to replace your mount.
Maps on Device Cannot Be Found ¶
When you search for a destination on your device, your maps cannot be found and displays the message No Detailed Maps Found That Support Routing or Can't Unlock Maps.
Mapping Files Error ¶
- Clear the message “No Detailed Maps Found That Support Routing” either by pressing OK, back, or press and hold your finger on the message.
- If a message “Can’t Unlock Maps” is displayed, remove the memory card from the device and restart the device without it otherwise you will need to reinstall the maps on the memory card.
- Ensure the memory card in installed with a FAT32 file system. If the problem still persists, reinstall the maps on the device and ensure they are up to date.
Maps Won’t Install/Update ¶
When you install your maps via the desktop application, the maps are not updated.
Slow Internet Connection Prevents Installation ¶
Use a fast internet connection to ensure maps install correctly.
Garmin Express Requirements ¶
Check to make sure your computer meets the minimum requirements for Garmin Express. If it does not, use a computer that meets the requirements.
VPN/Proxy or Firewall is Not Disabled ¶
If your computer has security software enabled, it may be preventing the installation of maps to the device. Disable your VPN/proxy and restart the device. If the problem persists, disable your firewall for this application.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) Restrictions ¶
Check if you have ISP restrictions. If so, there may be problems with your bandwidth or Internet Service Provider. Contact your ISP to verify that your your Internet service is not being restricted in a manner the prevents you from downloading your maps.
Connected to Wi Fi Prevents Installation ¶
Use a hard lined internet connection to ensure correctly downloaded maps from the computer to your device.
Incorrect Location Settings ¶
Change time, time zone, or date settings on your computer and restart the device by turning it off then back on again.
Using Garmin Lifetime Updater ¶
If you are using Garmin Lifetime updater to install maps, use Garmin Map Update instead.