The secret of saving any salt water electronic device, is to immediately, as it comes out of the salt water, submerge and flush it with fresh water over and over. Then remove it from the fresh water and immediately blow out all water with compressed air. Place the unit in a warm oven less than 90 F. Let it bake for several hours being careful not to overheat it. The alternative to this is to use a warm (not hot) hair drier, and a lot of time. Don't become impatient and overheat the unit. When you are completely certain that it is dry, inside and out, replace the battery and start it up. Update: Speed in getting it into freshwater is the most important aspect. Do not allow any salt water to dry in the unit. Also I forgot to mention remove the battery as soon as possible preferably as it comes out of the fresh water or before.