Answer to: I washed my iPod. Any hope of repair?I accidently dropped my Classic in the swimming pool and I fixed it. NEVER turn on a device that has been exposed to water, it will only do more damage as I found out.In my case it shorted out the battery. What I'm about to tell may seem crazy but it worked for me. RICE, yes I sad Rice, it loves moisture and will absorb the moisture from your iPod if you give it time. I placed my iPod in a zipped lock baggie filled with Rice for a week and it absorbed all the moisture from my iPod. I did have to replace the battery but it works fine now,because it evidently shorted it out when I tried to turn it on too soon after the accident.