Just want to emphasize I also went STRAIGHT FOR THE BATTERY. :-)
I followed the advice from Stan regarding the use of monofilament wire (fishing line). I used 14 lb test (0.3 mm). Even though I got the kit, I didn’t use the solvent, and instead extracted the battery directly without dissembling the main board. I used the kit’s tweezers to place the wire under each corner of a battery module, and pulled in a sawing motion towards the bottom. Mechanic’s gloves are really handy here. I broke a few lengths of wire, but in the end it worked pretty well. Got all 6 battery modules off in about 20 minutes. I went with Goo Gone Gel to remove the remaining adhesive. It’s not as potent as the kit’s solvent, so I had to let it sit for 10-15 minutes. However, the kit’s blue spludger tool made short work of it after that. Wiped it up with a paper towel, and cleaned up with isopropyl alcohol. Even though the gel does a good job of staying put, I’d still recommend putting a barrier between the display and the touch pad (e.g. aluminum foil).
Once they have, you'll be able to view a graph of their reputation gained over time.
Here's a preview of what the graph will look like:
No reputation gained yet.