If you are hearing crackling, static, or distorted sounds from your speaker, the connected device may be too far away from the speaker. The JBL Flip 4’s effective range is approximately 30 feet. Walls or similar obstacles may reduce this range. Place the connected device closer to the speaker to see if reducing the range improves the speaker’s sound quality.
If the distorted or crackling sounds happen only at certain audio pitches or volumes, the speaker’s audio drivers could be damaged. Use the JBL Flip 4 Front Active Speaker Replacement Guide to replace individual speakers.
If the previous solution did not work, poor electrical connections inside the speaker may be causing the issue. Unfortunately, these poor electrical connections, ranging from failing solder joints to loose plugs, can be incredibly hard to find. Additionally, accessing the main circuit board requires the destruction of parts of the speaker which will significantly decrease or impair the performance of the device.
- Waterproof JBL Flip 4 is buzzing when bass is turned up
- Why does the audio become distorted then power off?
- My JBL Flip 4 right radiator is making a weird crackling noise
- Sound becomes saturated when playing on high levels.
- Sparkling noises while playing
- Flip 4 buzzing noise and blinking light with with 'bassy' music
- Why do I hear a whistle when I turn off a song