PS3 overheating as soon as it's turned on.
After we moved into our new house, our PS3 would overheat within seconds of powering it on.
After following the steps for the full teardown, I was able to see that the thermal paste needed to be replaced in two spots. After carefully removing the old paste and replacing, it powered on and worked like new.
Make sure you have all the tools you could possibly need for any project. In this case I ordered the 64 bit driver kit, the Jimmy, and the magnetic project mat. Knowing that I saved my $500 PS3 from the trash (or a costly repair bill), and that I'll use all of these tools again, it was well worth the price.