« Back to All Stories

Received the kit but repair attempt was not successful

Steven Alford -

My Problem

Battery goes to 0% from 20%

My Fix

Not successful. Screws turned out to be non-standard. iFixit tools did not fit in screw heads. I ordered torque screw drivers from iFixit and one other vendor. Neither fit. No worthwhile paying $100 for a store to repair as that would be about 20% of a new phone. I have decided to make due with the phone (Droid Turbo 2) until the new phone releases in October. No fault to iFixit. Just a sign of the times that the newer phones are designed for smallest size which drives them farther away from easy serviceability. This was the first mobile device that was unable to repair. FYI the good news is that I decided to abort before I did anything to damage the phone.

My Advice

For Droid Turbo 2, you will need to be very careful if you attempt this - high quality miniature flat head screwdrivers might have been more successful that the torque screwdrivers which would up damaging the heads of a couple screw heads. That ended my attempt.

TR6 Torx Security Screwdriver Image
TR6 Torx Security Screwdriver


« Back to All Stories