Replace a dead or dying battery in a 1st Generation iPad Air, an iPad 5, or an iPad 6.
- This battery is brand new! Each one has been tested to confirm that there are no cycles on the cell and that the capacity is 95% or higher.
- For optimal performance, calibrate your newly installed battery by draining the battery below 10%, then giving it a full charge to 100%.
- New Replacement Battery compatible with iPad Air, iPad 5, or iPad 6
- Front Panel Adhesive Strips
- iOpener Toolkit
The Fix Kit includes iFixit’s iOpener, a tablet opening tool designed to apply heat directly and evenly to case components joined with adhesive. Once the adhesive is softened with heat applied by the iOpener, the adhesive can be sliced using the many tools included in the iOpener kit. This toolkit is designed specifically for the iPad, but works with all tablets, smartphones, or other electronics needing heat application in the disassembly process. The iOpener is heated in the microwave and is reusable.
iOpener Kit includes:
- iPad Air (1st Gen) A1474 and A1475
- iPad 5 A1822 and A1823
- iPad 6 A1893 and A1954
Lithium ion battery shipping regulations limit the shipping methods for orders containing batteries. Domestic orders may only be shipped via Standard shipping. iFixit is not able to ship batteries internationally or outside the contiguous US at this time. iFixit Customer Support will contact you if your order needs to be modified after it is placed.