A maintenance kit to renew oxidized soldering iron tips!
Great for Lead-Free solder!
When hand soldering with Lead-Free alloys, higher tip temperatures and highly-active fluxes causes oxidation and corrosion, which greatly decreases the life of your soldering iron tip. The Hakko FT-700 tip polisher helps increase the life of your tip by keeping it clean and free from oxidation easily and quickly.
• FAST and EASY way to keep your soldering iron tips clean and free from oxidation
• Two spinning polishing brushes (brushes will not damage tip plating)
• Lead-free chemical paste for immediate tip tinning
Immediately after soldering:
(1) insert the tip between the two spinning polishing brushes to clean the tip and remove the oxide, then
(2) dip the tip into the FS-100 lead-free chemical paste to re-tin the tip The fine powder Sn is melted immediately.
After applying the Hakko FS-100 to the tip:
(3) insert the tip between the spinning brushes of the FT-700 to remove the melted chemical paste, then
(4) tin the tip with the solder you are currently using before placing the iron in the holder. [This prevents the flux residue of the FS-100 from the PWB.]
This process will restore new life to your soldering iron tips. Incorporate the procedure above into your soldering routine and you will quickly realize the benefits of maintaining a clean, oxidation-free tip, especially when working with Lead-Free alloys.
Note: The FS-100 chemical paste is included with the FT-700 tip polisher.
Made in Japan