Easily remove SMD parts with Chip Quik® removal alloy
Reduce heat and reduce damage to circuit boards and SMD parts during removal. Low melting point of 58°C (136°F)
Use with SMD291 flux
(With solder iron or warm air bath)
- Apply flux to all leads.
- Melt CHIP QUIK® uniformly on all pins.
- Maintain alloy in molten state long enough to release chip.
- Lift chip from board with dental pick or vacuum pen.
- While molten, use cotton swab and flux to move excess to an unused section of board.
- While applying heat, polish each pad with a swab and flux until thoroughly clean.
- At room temperature, clean residue with alcohol pad.
- You are now ready to install the new chip.
4.5 ft of Chip Quik® material, removes up to 2700 SMD pins.