Click Image To Zoom
California Prop 65
WARNING: This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. Learn more >
I found an iPod Classic 160 gigs once in the garbage—almost two years ago. It was all soaked in water. It didn't work at all.
I searched for how to open the iPod, and I ended up on this website. I followed all the instructions, and took out the motherboard and then I cleaned it with alcohol. And what a surprise when I plugged it in my computer! It worked! But didn't charge the battery, so I got a new battery from iFixit. It worked as intended, but the iPod was still refusing to charge! So I got a new motherboard from iFixit!
And now I cheerfully enjoy my like-brand-new iPod!
If you are planning to fix something by yourself, research a lot about it! But the risk is worth it when you're able to fix something that was broken! Be proud of what you can do!