Migrating from Outlook to Lotus Notes With PST to NSF Converter
Lotus notes is a proprietary of IBM. Lotus Notes supports NSF file format. MS Outlook is a popular Email Client developed by Microsoft, it comes with Microsoft Office suite. The file format supported by Outlook is PST.
Consider a situation that you want to access your MS Outlook mails in Lotus Notes. Both email applications support different file formats. In such situation you need to export your MS Outlook files to Lotus Notes.
This is the process can be done two steps:
1. Export MS Outlook Mail Files.
2. Then, import the exported mail file in Lotus Notes.
1. Export MS Outlook Mail Files
1. Open MS Outlook Application.
2. Click the "Mail" tab
3. Go to “File" option from the menu bar.
4. Then, Click "Export" option to start the "Export" wizard.
After the "Export" wizard starts, you will get several options to choose the format for the exported file from LMS Outlook.
5. Choose "Tabular Text" or "Structured Text;" Both of these formats are supported by Outlook
6. Click “Continue” to go through the export process.
7. Click "Export" to end the wizard and export the mail file.
2. Import the exported mail file in Lotus Notes.
1. Open Lotus Notes application.
2.Go to “File" menu then, click "Import and Export option.
3.Click "Next" after the "Import and Export" wizard gets opened.
4.Choose the format you chose to export the file
6.Continue through the "Export" wizard, Select and Browse the file exported from MS Outlook.
This will end the "Import and Export" wizard and the MS Outlook files will get imported into Lotus Notes. This process is very time consuming and not easy to use. To avoid this process, you can use a 3rd-party tool, Kernel for PST to NSF Converter Software to convert Outlook PST files to Lotus Notes NSF format. The software let you perform selective conversion of the MS Outlook mailbox items.
To get more information about PST to NSF Converter visit: http://www.convertpstnsf.com/