Technical Writer / iFixit EDU Aide
iFixit's staff is the focal point of a global community showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware.
We're looking for a local, part-time technical writer to help run our university technical writing project. The ideal candidate will primarily interface with students across the country and ensure all aspects of the project are handled promptly. The candidate will also assist with creating unparalleled repair guides for devices, depending on the primary workload volume.
- Enjoy working with people, especially interacting with students.
- Have impeccable grammar. Speak and write succinctly and clearly.
- Have editing experience, and enjoy correcting tpyos and errors of the grammar.
- Love tinkering, taking things apart, and fixing all their friends' stuff.
- Approach life with patience and a sense of humor.
Remote opportunities are not available for this position. Apple industry experience is not necessary, nor is any specific degree.
Apply here and include a PDF of your resume as well as a PDF cover letter explaining two things: why you're badass, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.