Software Quality Assurance Testing Intern
The quality of our work is of utmost importance, and our software is no exception. As a Software Quality Assurance Tester at iFixit you will work very closely with our web development team to thoroughly test new iFixit & Dozuki features before deploying them live to millions of users worldwide. This entry level position is a great opportunity to get real-world experience in the software engineering industry.
You should have a keen attention to detail, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Being able to communicate bugs to developers clearly and efficiently will be a critical part of your workflow.
We want you to:
- Break our software on a daily basis
- Enjoy finding bugs before our users do
- Think outside of the box to come up with your own test strategies
- Be curious about why things happen
- Have a passion for constantly learning more
- Be able to multitask in a high paced environment. We deploy code multiple times throughout the day, every day.
Our ideal candidate has some experience with the following:
- The UNIX command line
- Other web technologies
You will play a pivotal role on our development team. You have the final say on when code should be deployed live; you will be our last line of defense against bugs.
This position requires working part-time during school and full-time during summer.
To apply, upload a PDF of your resume as well as a short PDF cover letter explaining two things: why you're badass, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.
Bonus points if you include a description of a bug you found while browsing our site.