Our engineering team is changing the world, and we need you to help make it happen.
We're bringing the repair world into the 21st century, one cutting-edge feature at a time.
Our mission at iFixit is to empower people to control their own hardware. If this excites you, drop us a line by sending us a portfolio of code or links to online projects you have worked on. We want to see what you're enthusiastic about. We're open to people with either front-end or back-end experience.
Working for a small company on a tight-knit team is a chance to manifest your creativity in a way that will make a big difference in the final product. This will be a challenging and equally rewarding, job. If you want to work your butt off and make incredible software with us, please apply.
Like open source? Great - so do we.
We'd like to see applicants that:
- Are passionate about writing good code.
- Care deeply about intuitive user interface design.
- Recognize that the best software development is social.
- Are self-motivated and work well in a small, tight-knit team environment.
To apply: Make a PDF of your resume, as well as a short cover letter explaining two things: why you're badass, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.
Minimum Qualifications ¶
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Two or more years of professional experience in a Software Engineering role (or related field)
- Experience working with several programming languages
Preferred Qualifications ¶
- Solid experience writing large applications in dynamically typed languages.
- Some experience working on / maintaining MySQL, PostgreSQL or other similar databases.
- Special consideration to candidates with experience managing a web property with at least 5 million monthly uniques or experience providing services for enterprise or government.
- Strong understanding of cloud based server architectures (Amazon AWS experience a plus)