These policies apply to iFixit parts and tools sold from ifixit.com—not eustore.ifixit.com. Check the EU Store Shipping and Charges Policies for more.
- Credit and Debit Cards
- American Express
- Purchase Orders from educational or governmental institutions in the U.S. only
Credit and Debit Cards
If you are paying by credit or debit card, your statement will show a charge from IFIXIT.
We are unable to accept prepaid gift cards at this time.
Credit card information is stored using industry-standard strong encryption in our secure database.
All orders paid via credit or debit card are subject to billing address verification. The billing address is the address at which you receive your credit card statement and is on file with the bank. Orders with an unmatched billing address are subject to cancellation without notice.
Orders may require additional verification for one or more reasons, including using a different billing and shipping address.
To expedite the verification process, please ensure that the shipping address for the order is listed as an alternate address with your credit card company. If the shipping address is not listed on your credit card as an alternate address, we reserve the right to require additional documentation or cancel your order.
View our shipping options here.
Our turnaround time to ship your order is normally within one business day. Shipping cutoff time is 1:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time. There are some exceptions where an order may ship out later than one business day. If this is the case for your order, then the estimated delivery date presented at checkout will take the actual ship date into account.
You will receive a shipment tracking number for all domestic shipping options, FedEx shipments, USPS Priority International and Express Priority International shipments.
Guaranteed, Express, and FedEx shipping options do not ship to U.S. P.O. Boxes, APO, FPO, or DPO addresses. If you need to ship to a P.O. Box, APO, FPO, or DPO address, you must choose Standard as your shipping method.
At this time, orders containing lithium-ion batteries can only be shipped using the Standard shipping method, to non-P.O. Box addresses.
We cannot ship batteries via Guaranteed or Express methods.
We can not ship batteries outside the contiguous United States. You can learn more about battery shipment restrictions and delivery timeframes here.
iFixit Customer Support will contact you if there are issues in shipping your order with the provided address.
Returns containing lithium ion batteries must have battery warning labels affixed to the package. UN3480 Battery Warning Label
Orders with a subtotal of $250 or greater may require a signature on delivery. You will be notified via email if your package requires a signature.
iFixit's headquarters and United States warehouse is located in and ships from San Luis Obispo, California.
In order to help protect our local communities during the spread of COVID-19, iFixit is temporarily halting our Local Pickup service.
Should you normally arrange your orders for Local Pickup, then please use an accurate shipping address at checkout instead and your package should arrive to you within 1-2 business days.
Should you have any questions, please email our Customer Service team at email@example.com and include the words "Local Pickup" in your email subject line.
We ship to all 50 states (including US territories and APO/FPO/DPO addresses).
COVID-19: Impact on Shipping
- Due to COVID-19, our shipping carriers can no longer guarantee a delivery date for our Guaranteed and Express shipping options.
- Please note that although packages shipped via Guaranteed or Express shipping should still arrive more quickly than packages shipped via Standard shipping, the exact delivery date cannot currently be guaranteed.”
We offer a few different levels of shipping. All available options for shipping will be presented during checkout. If it's not present, it's not available. Currently, we ship with USPS , FedEx, and UPS.
Our standard shipping is the cheapest method we offer, but it's also the laziest. Typically, it can take 3-5 business days to be delivered, but is not guaranteed. It really depends on how much they fed the pack mule before they left. If you haven't received the package by the estimated delivery date, check the tracking number in your order history for any alerts or delivery updates.
Guaranteed (iFixit Recommends!)
Scared of the small dash between the 3-5 days on standard shipping method? If you have run into an issue, or the package hasn't been delivered on time, check the tracking. If you need assistance, please contact us. Weather delays do happen from time to time, and aren't able to be refunded.
If you like things fast, this may be the shipping method for you. It is our best shipping method for speed and efficiency. You'll be holding this package in your hand by the time you figure out how to properly pronounce 'PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS'.
Express AM (iFixit Pro Members Only)
"I needed that package yesterday!" is the mantra of users selecting this shipping method. This is our fastest shipping method available and may be considered a variation of ludicrous speed. The package is guaranteed to be there by the morning of the delivery date provided by the carrier. Not available in all areas.
iFixit's mission is a global mission. We are committed to providing excellent service and support for the global community. With that being said, international shipping can be complicated so we want to provide you as much information as we can. If after reading all of this, you have specific questions, please contact us and we'll be happy to help you.
For some international orders, we may ask for a credit card verification form in order to process your order. It protects the cardholder and iFixit against fraudulent transactions.
When using your credit card, you will be billed in USD Currency and your credit card company will bill you with your local currency at the current exchange rate.
International shipments may be subject to import taxes, duties and/or customs fees. These fees are the sole responsibility of the recipient. If a shipment is refused and returned, you will be responsible for any import taxes and/or return shipping costs incurred by iFixit. These fees are specific for the destination country. Therefore, we do not know what the amount will be. The shipping and handling fee applied by iFixit at checkout does NOT cover any duties, taxes or brokerage fees. Please be prepared to pay these fees when your package is delivered. If the package is refused or returned to us, all customs charges or fees will be charged to you. For more details about import fees, check out the 'International Duties, Taxes, and Other Fees' section below.
Sometimes your country's customs department will require additional information in order to clear your shipment for delivery. If they ask you for an invoice or commercial invoice, you can find a copy of that by looking at your order history under your profile. If you need further assistance, please contact us.
Check out the International Shipping FAQs for some of the common questions regarding international shipping.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING STATUS: WARNING
Please note that as the COVID-19 situation develops, international delivery speed and availability is variable and subject to change quickly. As part of COVID-19 prevention measures, some countries have limited available shipping options or have halted inbound shipping altogether. The shipping options shown at checkout on iFixit.com reflect the current available shipping options for that country, and may not be completely reflective of the list below.
We ship to the following countries:
- A - B - Albania, Andorra, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria
- C - F - Canada, Cape Verde, Caribbean Netherlands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Christmas Island, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Croatia, Curacao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia
- G - L - Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guyana, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Isle Of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Kiribati, Korea, Republic of (South Korea), Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg
- M - Q - Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Martinique, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niue, Norfolk Island, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Qatar
- R - S - Réunion, Romania, Russia, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Republic of Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Sint Maarten, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Sweden, Switzerland
- T - W - Taiwan, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, United States, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (British), Virgin Islands (US), Wallis and Futuna, Zimbabwe
Sorry, but we do not ship to any countries that are not on this list.
FedEx International Priority:
- Delivery usually takes one to seven business days, depending on the country.
- Is not guaranteed to arrive on a certain date.
- Packages can be tracked using the FedEx Website.
USPS First-Class Mail International:
- Cheapest method to send an international package
- Is not guaranteed to arrive on a certain date.
- No tracking information available
- Delivery times vary greatly depending on the country; can take up to 8 weeks for delivery in extreme cases
- Packages will be delivered using your country's local mail service
USPS Priority Express Mail International:
- Delivery typically takes anywhere from 5-10 business days, depending on the country.
- Is not guaranteed to arrive on a certain date.
- Packages can be tracked using the USPS Website and/or sometimes through your country's postal service's website. The tracking provided by USPS is limited and does not estimate delivery time.
- Packages will be delivered using your country's local mail service
- Remote island nations have reported ship times of up to eight weeks, so FedEx is usually a better choice for shipping to those
Duties, Taxes and Other Fees
Shipping Cost: This is the cost charged by iFixit at checkout to cover the cost of the shipping method you select for your order. Unless explicitly stated in writing by an iFixit representative, it does not cover any of the following:
Duties and Taxes: These are applied by your country's customs department based on the value and characteristics of whatever is being imported. Every country has their own unique regulations and procedures.
Brokerage Fees: These are charged by a company to facilitate transactions between buyers and sellers. The brokerage fee is charged for services such as negotiations, sales, purchases, delivery, or advice on the transaction. In the case of importing shipments, brokerage companies often serve as the means by which the shipment is cleared through a country's customs and border protection department. These services often can incur a fee. Depending on a country's customs clearance procedures, a brokerage company will take care of the paperwork and deal with the hassle of importing a package.
In some countries, you can avoid these brokerage fees by clearing the package yourself at a customs facility. Check your country's customs laws and see if it's possible. You can also contact the shipping carrier and ask if you can clear the package yourself. Be sure to have your tracking number for them to reference.
Ancillary Fees: That's basically a big word for extra fees applied by the shipping carrier. These fees can include things like storage fees, expedited clearance fees and fees for having to correct customs documentation. Your customs bill should have a breakdown of what the fees are if they are applied. Most shipments don't incur hefty ancillary fees, but you should check with how certain shipping carriers deal with ancillary fees.
FedEx has a breakdown of the different country-specific ancillary fees that can be applied: FedEx Ancillary Fees
Incorrect Shipping Address Provided
If you chose Guaranteed or Express as your preferred shipping method, we are happy to correct minor errors in your address (i.e. including a missing apartment number or changing a couple of digits in a postal code). There may be a carrier fee associated with any corrections, and in order to take care of the shipment in a timely manner, we may inform you of any charges after they have taken place. We ask that you confirm that you agree with any charges in order to expedite the request from the shipping carrier when contacting us. Major address changes like shipping to a completely different street address, city, state, or country may be possible but are subject to an additional processing fee.
Please contact iFixit Support if you need to make changes to an address.
We are not able to modify addresses for orders shipped with Standard shipping.
Please see the below sections for information on how we deal with packages that are not able to be delivered.
Occasionally packages are returned to us as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, you will be issued a full refund for the product, and a coupon for the shipping charges.
If you suspect your order cannot be delivered as addressed and you have not received confirmation of its return or refund, please contact iFixit Support.
Returned undeliverable packages are subject to our standard 3-5 business day processing time, so if you would like to expedite redelivery, you may place a new order. Contact us and we'll issue a refund for the shipping cost instead of issuing a coupon.
Rejecting receipt of a package is considered returning the package without iFixit's consent and may be subject to a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum). Any fees and shipping charges incurred will be re-billed to the customer and may be deducted from any applicable refund amount.
Unless arrangements are made before arrival, orders that are returned to us will be restocked and are not able to be shipped again. If you would still like the returned items, you will need to place a new order.
Occasionally, packages are not delivered in the expected timeframe and are not able to be located by tracking information (if available). Once this happens, the package is considered "missing."
If a package falls into this category, iFixit reserves the right to send a replacement. Please contact our Customer Support team if your package is marked delivered by the mail carrier but you have not received it.
Note: Refunds or returns are only available for orders that have been successfully received. We are unable to provide refunds or replacements for missing packages where an incorrect shipping address was provided to us.
Occasionally, packages are damaged during shipping, rendering the item(s) unusable or non-functional.
Similar to a missing package, iFixit reserves the right to send a replacement. Refunds are only available for orders that have been received undamaged. We are not able to provide a refund for parts damaged in shipping.
If you suspect that your package has been damaged in shipping, please file a claim by emailing support@iFixit.com with photos of the damage, all received items, all interior packing materials, and the packaging that the item arrived in. Be sure to include your order number in the email.
We want you to be happy about your purchase from iFixit! Please contact our support department for an RMA number before sending anything back to us.
Please allow 3-5 business days for your return to be processed after it has been delivered to us.
TL; DR Contact us within 30 days, a return will be set up, but any shipping costs or coupons won't be refunded. A small restocking fee may apply. Don't refuse packages, it's expensive for you.
- Arrangements for a return must be made within 30 days of the date the order is received (this isn't when the order was placed mind you, but when the package arrives in your hands.)
- Returned items that are not defective may be charged a restocking fee of up to 15% ($5 minimum), and shipping will not be refunded. Alternatively, we can provide 90% of the purchase price in store credit for your returned item. ($5 minimum restocking fee still applies.)
- Unless explicitly stated by iFixit, any coupon codes provided for customer use are discounts for products, not shipping.
- RMA numbers are valid for 30 days from the date of issue. We ask that you send it back within 7 days. All packages received without an RMA number will be charged a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum).
- Rejecting receipt of a package is considered returning the package without an RMA number and may be charged up to a 25% restocking fee.
- Original and return shipping charges for any non-defective returns are the sole responsibility of the customer. If we are at fault, iFixit will provide a return shipping label and/or (with iFixit's prior consent) reimburse return shipping charges for non-expedited, trackable shipping methods.
- Any shipping and/or customs charges billed to an iFixit shipping account and not explicitly authorized by iFixit will be billed to the customer.
- If a defective part was reported and a label was sent out to you but it comes back fully functional or damaged, then the charge for the label will be deducted from the refund.
- If a return does not come back in the condition it was sent out in (i.e. a torn cable, cracks, scratches, used adhesive, etc.) a refund may be denied (or additional charges may apply), and the item can be sent back out to you at your expense. If your part doesn't qualify for a refund, we will reach out to you, and if there is no response within 7 days, the part will be properly recycled. This 7 days also applies to items returned to us that include original pre-installed components transferred over to them.
- Refunds will be issued to the original payment method. If that payment method is no longer valid, we can issue store credit. We are unable to issue refunds to a different payment method.
- We do not do exchanges. If you mistakenly ordered the wrong part (i.e. a battery for an iPhone 6 but you have an iPhone 6s), we cannot exchange it for you. You may place a new order for the correct part whenever you like and request to return the incorrect part back to us within 30 days of receiving it.
- Removing the iFixit tamperproof sticker does not void the warranty per se, but it may delay return processing and in some cases it may result in return processors not being able to verify the part as an iFixit part. However, returns for a refund of parts that have been unpackaged which do not bear the iFixit tamperproof sticker may be denied or issued store credit in lieu of a refund to the original form of payment.
- Rejecting receipt without consent or unauthorized redirection of the package (i.e., package is returned due to failure to make proper arrangements with the shipping carrier during Customs/delivery process) may be subject to a 25% restocking fee ($5 minimum) on top of any return fees. Any fees or shipping charges incurred by the unauthorized return of the package will be re-billed to the customer in the form of a deduction from any applicable refund amount. In cases where a rejected package costs more than the order itself, a refund is not possible.
- iFixit is not liable for reimbursing third party costs as we facilitate customers to be able to do repairs themselves to save on labor.
- Returns containing lithium ion batteries must have battery warning labels affixed to the package. UN3480 Battery Warning Label
If in doubt, please contact us and we'll do our best to get you taken care of.
Information about the warranties we offer for our products can be found here.
If you are a reseller, wholesaler, government agency or a school district, then you may be eligible for tax exemption.
If you have an up-to-date tax exemption certificate, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Otherwise, we will need the following up-to-date documents emailed to email@example.com before the account can become tax-exempt:
1. A completed copy of the tax exemption forms for each state where your orders will be shipped and where you have tax exempt status.
2. A copy of your Seller's Permit.
- If you don't have one, here is how to obtain a Seller's Permit if you operate in California.
If you reside in one of the following states, then your order may be subject to sales tax based on your shipping address. The tax amount will be calculated and displayed during the checkout process.
If you are tax-exempt and your checkout estimate shows sales tax, then please see above for instructions on setting up your account to be approved for tax-exemption.
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Washington, D.C.
- West Virginia
iFixit may, at its sole discretion, refuse or cancel any order and/or limit order quantity. iFixit reserves the right to accept or decline the order at any time for any reason. Communication from or with iFixit does not guarantee that an order will be fulfilled. If iFixit cancels or modifies an order after you have already been billed, iFixit will refund the full amount owed for the products not fulfilled.