Open position in iFixit's education department.
iFixit's staff is the focal point of a global community showing people how to fix the things they own. We believe that we can make the world better by empowering people to take control of their hardware.
We're looking for a local, part-time education aide to spearhead our repair effort by helping run our university technical writing project. The ideal candidate will interface with students across the country and ensure all aspects of the project, from organizing materials to providing student feedback, are handled promptly.
- Enjoy working with people, especially teaching and working with students.
- Have impeccable grammar. Speak and write succinctly and clearly.
- Have editing experience, and enjoy correcting tpyos and errors of the grammar.
- Love tinkering, taking things apart, and fixing all their friends' stuff.
- Approach life with patience and a sense of humor.
Remote opportunities are not available for this position. Apple industry experience is not necessary; neither is any specific degree. We'd say that the ideal candidate would be a one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people helper.
Apply here and include a PDF of your resume, as well as a short cover letter explaining two things: why you're badass, and why you're the ideal candidate for this job.