Problem was broken power connecter on grandsons Kindle. Removed bad connector and broken trace came up with part. New connector also shown.
I used a soldering iron with a 700 degree tip and de-solder braid to remove defective part. Hot air gun would have been a better option but I didn't have one.
Note: enlarge image to zoom in to see fine detail. Also how I checked work
Your contributions are licensed under the open source Creative Commons license.
Insert a new line below
Insert a new line above
Indent current line
Unindent current line
Delete current line
Navigate to next step.
Navigate to previous step.