3 Archived Guides
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
Released November 30, 2012, the 21.5" iMac EMC 2544 features improved specifications and significantly redesigned internals, housed in a much slimmer case. It can be identified by its model number A1418 and EMC number, 2455, both of which are located beneath the single foot.
- Intel core i5 or i7 processor
- 8 GB of RAM, customizable up to 16 GB
- 1TB hard drive (5400 rpm), with upgrade option to a 1 TB Fusion drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M graphics processor with 512 MB dedicated VRAM
- Four USB 3.0 ports and two Thunderbolt ports
- 802.11n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0