These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
Produced by Samsung Electronics, the Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) is an Android smartphone released in July 2017 alongside the Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017). As a successor to the Galaxy J5 (2016), the J5 (2017) has an advanced 64-bit class chipset with 2 GB or 3 GB of LPDDR RAM. Also, it has a 3000 mAh non-removable battery.
The J5 is a mid-range smartphone with a 5.2-inch display (between the 5-inch J3 (2017) and the 5.5-inch J7 (2017)). Moreover, in other aspects the J5 is between the J3 and the J7. An upgrade from the previous J5 model is in its processor from the quad-core Snapdragon 410 in the 2016 model to the Exynos 7870 SoC (a proper 14nm chip with an octa-core CPU) in the 2017 iteration.
This iteration also leaves behind the plastic build of the 2016 model in favor of a sturdier, metal design, and adds a fingerprint scanner. It has a modern aesthetic with its minimal side bezel.
- Display: 5.2 (130 mm) 720 x 1280 pixels (282 ppi) Super AMOLED
- Chipset: dual-core Exynos 7870 , 64-bit
- CPU: 8x1.6 GHz
- GPU: Mali-T830 MP1
- Memory: 2 or 3 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 16 GB, expandable up to 256 GB via microSD
- Rear Camera: 13 MP, 41228 x 3096 pixels, autofocus, LED
- Front Camera: 13 megapixels (1080p) FHD video recording @ 30 Hz Front camera with selfie flash
- Battery: non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5 GHz)
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi hotspot
- Bluetooth 4.1
- USB 3.0 (Micro-B port, USB charging) USD OTG
- 3.50 mm (0.138 in) headphone jack