Nintendo GameCube Controller DOL-003. Released November 2001, compatible with Nintendo GameCube, Nintendo Wii, and Nintendo Wii U. Repair for this device is straightforward and requires only common tools.

Left D-Pad always moving up.

I have tried unplugging and re-plugging the remote multiple times and done everything I know how to. On occasion it will let you move other directions but then it will start going straight up no matter what. Are the Potentiometers in the D-pad damaged or might it be the micro chip. Mine is the kind with the blue face and the clear back.

First off, just wondering if you tried to hold down the X, Y,and start buttons for three seconds. This resets the controller

Michael Stucki, the first thing I would do, is to clean it. Use this video as a guide. After that, re-evaluate and see what you got. The drifting is usually not part of an IC control. I found that if any IC goes, there is no movement.

Michael Stucki will be eternally grateful.