0

Michael Comora
1

Good guide to replacing trackpad?

My dog somehow stepped on my trackpad and cracked it. I've been looking for video guides for replacing the trackpad on this specific computer (mid-2009 unibody 15" Pro) but all I've been able to find is the 13". Is the process similar? Also, what tools do I need to replace the trackpad?

0

machead3

Yes - Spudger, T6 Torx Screwdriver, Phillips #00 Screwdriver,5-Point Torx Plus Pentalobe MacBook Pro Battery Removal Tool.

If this answer was helpful please remember to mark it accepted.

0

hmalissa
1

Actually, I was trying to follow the "Replacing MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2009 Trackpad" guide (I own a MacBook Pro 15" Unibody 2.53 GHz Mid 2009, just like in the original post). I followed the guide up to and including Step 5 (removing the battery), but I'm stuck at Step 6. I find that the trackpad connector is somehow inaccessible in the 15" version. Is there a more suitable guide?

0

madmaxmedia
67

You can disconnect the trackpad from that connector cable, and leave the existing cable in place. That's the easiest way to replace the trackpad, since your cable is still working.

There is a black plastic flap that locks the ribbon cable to the trackpad, that you'll need to flip up with a spudger. The cable is also held to the trackpad with adhesive, you can use a spudger to slowly separate the cable from the trackpad.