2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Has anybody tried heat to loosen battery glue?

The MBP Retina teardown uses brute force on the battery. Have you tried applying heat?

I would apply a heat-shrink style heat gun to the metal opposite whatever is stuck, right at the location where I'm prying. Do not directly heat the battery.

I haven't got an MBP Retina, but I've noticed the adhesives used in the old MBP respond to heat very well.

FWIW. Try this before solvent, which was suggested in another query. (Then try Goo-Gone, if you can avoid contaminating other components.)

I would be very cautious suggesting the use of heat on these batteries, you risk fire. explosion, noxious fumes serious personal/property injury!! Apple's technicians have been told that the battery is not a replaceable part. their solution is to replace the top case assembly, to which the battery is fixed. IMnsHO encouraging a DIY to attempt this proces would be on the order of encouraging an amateur to work on a CRT--irresponsible and unprofessional.

The idea is to heat the glue, not the battery. These glues usually soften at a relatively low temperature: heat-shrink gun, not paint stripper!

If it works, it's better than a putty knife, which is the solution already offered here. If you short one of these batteries it gets plenty hot all by itself. Certainly it is safest to replace the whole assembly; only a DIY will try otherwise, so it's as well the DIYs know what's involved first.

Methylated spirits is also an easy way to manoeuvre the battery out just use a q tip and gentlly loosen it out using a dropper is quite helpful also

Most Helpful Answer

Try this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Easily-R...

Wow, cool! Thank you, this is very helpful!

A Video with isopropyl alcohol directly with the the macbook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLhHSIej...

the problem with solvents is .. well they are "solvents" .. you need to be very very careful!!

Just did a trackpad on a 2012. The battery glue was a nightmare. I used alcohol. It disolved the glue pretty quick. Still you need to take time and patience to do it so it doesn't tear or break anything else.

Marcus Brooks will be eternally grateful.