2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Has anybody tried heat to loosen battery glue?

The MBP Retina teardown uses brute force on the battery. Have you tried applying heat?

I would apply a heat-shrink style heat gun to the metal opposite whatever is stuck, right at the location where I'm prying. Do not directly heat the battery.

I haven't got an MBP Retina, but I've noticed the adhesives used in the old MBP respond to heat very well.

FWIW. Try this before solvent, which was suggested in another query. (Then try Goo-Gone, if you can avoid contaminating other components.)

I would be very cautious suggesting the use of heat on these batteries, you risk fire. explosion, noxious fumes serious personal/property injury!! Apple's technicians have been told that the battery is not a replaceable part. their solution is to replace the top case assembly, to which the battery is fixed. IMnsHO encouraging a DIY to attempt this proces would be on the order of encouraging an amateur to work on a CRT--irresponsible and unprofessional.

The idea is to heat the glue, not the battery. These glues usually soften at a relatively low temperature: heat-shrink gun, not paint stripper!

If it works, it's better than a putty knife, which is the solution already offered here. If you short one of these batteries it gets plenty hot all by itself. Certainly it is safest to replace the whole assembly; only a DIY will try otherwise, so it's as well the DIYs know what's involved first.

Methylated spirits is also an easy way to manoeuvre the battery out just use a q tip and gentlly loosen it out using a dropper is quite helpful also

I just replaced the battery pack on my MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) 15" and I looked at Youtube for help... One guy was using canned air (Dust-Off) with the can upside down so the cold liquid would get underneath the battery -- making the adhesive brittle, and then snap! The battery releases. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPqrmt-Ic... Also another trick is instead of using the iFixit adhesive remover which I believe is acetone I used tried and true "Carpel-O-Peel" adhesive remover -- far less noxious. and worked even better at removing the residue AFTER I had removed the battery pack with a small narrow spatula/cake knife/putty knife. I also used the string method on a couple of batteries -- that works too especially with the cold dust-off liquid. Instead of string I found that edge trimmer cord (RYOBI 0.80" twisted bulk line from Home Depot AC04138 and AC04139) was even stronger but I had to get the battery started with a spatula to fit the monofilament underneath and around the battery.

Most Helpful Answer

Try this

http://www.instructables.com/id/Easily-R...

Wow, cool! Thank you, this is very helpful!

A Video with isopropyl alcohol directly with the the macbook:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLhHSIej...

the problem with solvents is .. well they are "solvents" .. you need to be very very careful!!

Just did a trackpad on a 2012. The battery glue was a nightmare. I used alcohol. It disolved the glue pretty quick. Still you need to take time and patience to do it so it doesn't tear or break anything else.

Marcus Brooks will be eternally grateful.