Why iBook won't start while having a disc in drive?

My G4 1.2 ghz iBook 12" starts but has no video and a disc stuck in the drive. I've tried the touch pad while booting and apple option o f command but nothing works to eject the disc. It started all of sudden when we tried to start it up. The screen lights but dim and nothing else appears on the screen and it won't shut down without removing the battery.

Start it up in Target mode by holding down the "T" key. You need to be connected to another Mac via a Firewire cable to do this. The hard drive icon should appear on the monitor of the second mac. You can then run disk utilities on it. What kind of disk is stuck?

Thanks I'll try that. It has a picture dvd in it. I'll try this this evening and let you know how it worked for me.

Must have worked as we didn't here back from you.

agreed +

Hey Mayers is it possible to upgrade my I Book G4 with an OS 10.2.8 to 10.5.8 the memory on the computer is a bit low 320 MB

POO1

Please start a new question and I'll let you know what you have to do to be able to install 10.5. Please give the last three letters of your serial number for a faster solution. Thanks PS as of right now you can't.

That number leads me to one of these: Please start a new question and tell me which machine you have, go here to do that: http://www.ifixit.com/Mac-Parts

Sonny will be eternally grateful.