What do I do if screen is white?

after charging i pod screen went white and will not turn off or on

Reset the iPod:

Turn the Hold switch on, then back to off.

Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for 10 seconds (until the Apple logo appears).

You may need to repeat the reset several times.

If the reset doesn't help, then put the iPod into forced disk mode.

Put iPod into Disk Mode:

Apple suggests that you ensure your iPod is charged before following the next step. How exactly you check a charge on an iPod screen that is completely white has yet to be revealed. But hey, give it a shot anyway. Plug the iPod into a high-powered USB port, let it sit for 2 hours, then disconnect it. If you have a wall charger, plug in the iPod, then follow these steps while it is still plugged in.

Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears

Immediately switch your figures to press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until "Disk Mode" appears at the top.

For a lot of people, this solves the problem. Connect the iPod to the computer and (assuming it shows up) reset the iPod again to get it out of Disk Mode. If at this point you still have the white screen, restore the iPod using the restore function in iTunes under the Summary tab (this will erase everything on the iPod and put it at factory settings).

Don't disconnect or eject the iPod until the store is totally done. After you think it's done, wait another five minutes.

Excellent, thanks for your answer Mayer (immediately solved my problem). Any idea on why the screen went white in the first place? Is this a sign that my iPod will need replacing in the near future? Saki

by Saki

Solution - Buy yourself a new LCD screen 10 bucks on ebay or you could get it repaired on http://www.missionrepair.com/iPod_Nano_G...

YOUR WELCOME!=]

Screen goes white by times due to iPod recalibration video

iPod might notice new screen and may not thrust me it happens 50%of time

Don't worry about it

you have to take a rag and wipe off the screen, becuase evidently, you have been watching too much ....hub.com

I followed the instructions and my IPod nano is still white.

hey did you fix yours because I'm trying to fix my dads and need help

by Chelsea

maricia coggins will be eternally grateful.