After LCD replacement MacBook doesn't power up. Any suggestions?

Yesterday I replaced the damaged LCD on my 2008 MBP 15", model A1260. It only took a couple of hours and did not seem complicated using the iFixit guide. Once I got it back together, with no excess parts left over, I connected the power adapter and it worked as usual, indicating that the battery was charging. It now shows that the charge is complete (green light). However, when I pressed the power button to fire it up, nothing happened. It is not powering up at all, no sounds, no HDD spin-up. Apparently the power button is not activating the power up sequence.

I am pretty sure that all the connectors were remated and were making solid contact, but of course I could be wrong. It looked to me like the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard and trackpad to the motherboard could potentially become disconnected when the upper case was reinstalled (step 9 of the repair guide), but I tried to be careful in doing it.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Recheck the ribbon cable connection. Don't screw it down until it's booting. See Why can't I start up after top case replacement? you may have made the same error.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it.

I finally had a chance to tear into the MBP. Sure enough, the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard to the motherboard was not connected. I reconnected it ... it simply pushes onto the connector. Before I secured the keyboard I plugged in the power adapter and fired it up and it worked like a charm. The new display looks great too!

Thanks.

bccj275 will be eternally grateful.