Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Why does my iPhone randomly shut off

Here's the story:

I'm on t-mobile's network and i wanted an iphone, so i went to ebay and i found one that cost about 168 bucks a few weeks ago, the first day i got the phone it randomly shut off and it's been doing it up until now the phone will be at between 90, 80 or even 68% and shut off randomly, and it won't turn on unless i plug it up to a outlet charger, it's soooo Frustrating. do I need to get a new phone, or do i need to get a new battery? I've been searching this for weeks and I still haven't gotten any help. I need a solution.

JoeyLuck, like you said "and it won't turn on unless i plug it up to a outlet charger," I believe you problem is that the battery just does not hold a charge. I would start by replacing the battery with a proper new one. Of course, you can find the guide for that right here. Hope this helps, good luck.

could i go to apple and they replace it for me?

I am sure it's going to cost you...:) cheaper to do it yourself by following the guide. Not a terrible complicated job :)

I agree. I just ordered and changed out the battery for the same issue. Problem solved and working great!! Warning: If you order the battery, also get the suction cup and follow the instructions very carefully to avoid damaging the tiny ribbons inside. It does take a steady hand and about an hour but it is very doable for under 30 bucks!

Great advice!! thank you sir, I will definitely do that.

JoeyLuck will be eternally grateful.