0

Beth
1

MacBook Air Starts to black screen

This question is archived. No new answers are allowed, and only the question's owner may edit it.

I have a Macbook Air A1304 and when I start it up I hear the chime, the light on the bottom right comes on, but the screen remains black. Also when it is on if I hit the volume buttons I can hear the sound that they make(but still black screen). I have tested the screen on another computer and it works perfectly. Also when I plugged in an external monitor the computer worked fine(on the external screen). I don't know if this helps anyone but when I plug in the AC adapter it changes to orange to charge the battery and lights up bright green when the battery is unplugged.

I have tried the adjusting the brightness, resetting the PRAM, and other things.

Does anyone have a solution or at least something I can try?

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , machead3 ( )

Archived as not answerable by oldturkey03

When the device is on, try shining a light through the apple in on the upper case. Can you see anything on the screen when you do this?

Jake Devincenzi,

No there is nothing on the screen when I shine a light through the apple logo. Also there is no light from the keys on the keyboard.

Beth,

0

dannysilvam
1

You said you tested the screen on another computer and it works perfectly, besides adding to it, you said, when I plugged in an external monitor the computer worked fine(on the external screen), so, I see maybe the problem can be between the screen and the motherboard, in fact the problem is the connection between both, so try to check each vga cable exchanging from other same computer. I hope it being helpful to repair your mac computer.

0

nikosyr
1

I bought broken MBA with same symptons. Logic board broken. You can get it fixed with someon who has tools to reball/reflow the joints of graphics chip on the logic board....