The PlayStation 3 Slim is the second version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released September 1, 2009.

Why Does my ps3 go green -> yellow to red blinking light?

My ps3 will power on but a split second later go to yellow then 3 beeps with red blinking light. Is this the ylod issue that ps3 phat had? I have the tools needed to fix yold if that is it but i want to confirm thats the issue. The system is about 3 to 4 years old

I have same issue. change thermal paste, heat gun to motherboard before paste and no luck

Most Helpful Answer

This sounds like the early stages of a YLOD. I would advise you to open up your ps3 and clean it from any dust. Also see if the thermal paste has dried out. If so, replace it.

Source: http://vkrepair.com/ps3-flashing-red-lig...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMG-6rban...

Its the ylod my friend and ifixit DONT have a solution for the PS3 slim!!! I have it as well and iam annoyed that they dont have a solution for THE SLIM!! (The YLOD is the YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH!!! :(...)

I'm having the same problem with a slim and it is not the YLOD. I have reflowed it twice and have yet to find a solution on this site or youtube. Please keep any new information on this problem with the slims available by posting, Thanks

I have worked on PS3's for years the Yellow light is the GPU. You need to reball the GPU to really fix it right. You can reflow the GPU, but it want last.

Louis Royal will be eternally grateful.