Repair information for the 7" Android tablet by Samsung. Fixing this device is straightforward, and requires only common tools. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first model in the series. It was introduced on September 2, 2010

Why does my battery have such a short life?

Why does the battery has to be recharged nonstop?i have the tab for less than a year.how can i fix it?

Everything says "charge with original charger that came with your device: - Well, what if it died or was lost? How do you get a replacement "original?

get a new battery... yours is drained.

It's new only one week old.

Most Helpful Answer

battery life can be influenced by a lot of things, first thing you should do is tune down your screen brightness. then check the manual for the first charge procedure, it usually involves fully chargin the battery. you can also have a look into installed apps as some run services which drain the battery. as last resort you can install an app like juicedefender to turn off internet and other power drains if you're not using them.

You can train your battery to have a longer life. If your battery dies quickly it is because it is used to being charged too often.

Let your battery die (Completely) leave your phone off for as long as you can handle (1 hour should also do the trick). If you use your phone a lot or cannot stand having it off for too long at least 5 minutes should also work.

Then charge it fully to 100%

And that is it. You must continue this for a while. Remember not to charge your phone until it is absolutely necessary. I did this with my phone and it got to the point where my phone and I were as one. It charged as I got ready to sleep and it would last all through the next day. On the weekends I used it less and it would last from Saturday morning to Sunday night. It didn't even die anymore.== Heading text ==

I love your tips, thank you sooooo much!!

You should never let your battery drain completely charge it when it first gives you the low battery warning and you can charge it every night if you wanted to it doesn't hurt it because it can't overcharge, the charge controller stops that you'll battery will last you much longer too.

I figured out why my battery was draining fast through trial and error. Letting the battery drain to 0% and recharging did not help me, which was one posted solution that I tried. My Samsung Note 2014 Edition tablet battery had been giving me 7 hrs. or so of service before it would drain to 0%. Then all of the sudden, like a day later I was only getting 3 hrs. off of a full charge. Here's what the problem was and how I fixed my problem: The problem was that I was initially charging my tablet with the original wall charger and USB to mini USB cord with no issues. In the meantime, I had bought some generic chargers for when I might be in a different room and want to put my tablet on charge. It was when I was using the generic chargers that my tablet began draining fast, even though the generic chargers charged the tablet to 100%. Here's how I fixed the problem? I stopped using the generic chargers and only use the charger and cable that came with my tablet. Then, I had to take the tablet apart as if I was going to change batteries. There are many youtube videos that show you how to change batteries on a tablet. Then I simply manually disconnected the power plug from the battery (I did not have to physically remove the battery), waited about 10-15 seconds and then re-connected the battery in my tablet and then put the table back together. I restarted my tablet, went in to the Settings and opened up the Battery link. There it shows you how long you have used your battery since the last charge and how much time you have left. Immediately it said I have about 7 hours left, when before I could only get 3 hours out of the battery.

often a bad battery connection will cause this by re seating the connection you might fix the issue. A bad connection will cause to much resistance and actually cause the battery to overheat and in extreme cases catch fire or explode.

If you are having this issue you will notice that your tablet/phone back will feel hot while charging . If you are using it for Facebook app for example or a intensive game it can heat up as well so test it when its off and connected to a charger.

also if you re seat the battery its best to carefully clean the contacts before you reconnect the battery alcohol and Q tip will work or you can buy contact cleaner at radio shack or a electronics store

ALWAYS LET IT DRY BEFORE YOU CLOSE YOUR DEVICE AGAIN !

Did all of the above. Mine Samsung Galaxy 3 Tab is losing charge after 24 hours with or without use, at least on the meter. I ordered a new battery, had apart, replaced, did factory reset. But even if powered totally off its sucking energy somewhere, and cant seem to find solution!

Here’s how to change the battery:

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Battery Replacement

I had the same problem and I let my Samsung Galaxy Tab die, plugged in the charger and it said I had 38%. So I immediately unplug the charger and drain the battery again. Now it is at 18%, so I repeat until it at 0. Don't know what caused it but now it is fixed.

when you say you drain the battery again, do you use the tablet to help it drain quicker till it dies and charge again or leave it on but take it off charge now and then as the % gets lower?

My battery drains so fast.its 100% within 10minutes its down to 40%

Have the same problem. I will never buy another Samsung. Its useless after a half hour. I then go to my 60 dollar cheap tablet that lasts for hours.

Hi i have a Samsung galaxy tab a the 8 inch one it has 3gb of ram no s pen and 4200 mAh battery if your having problems with your device like reboot loop, a battery that drains every minute if your having a problem about reboot loop you have you need to check the box of the device sometimes you will see a 2 year warranty if the company can't fix it you need to blame them for the new update that they gave you for your device because that update is slowly breaking your device.

cristinaradutoiu will be eternally grateful.