Repair information for the 7" Android tablet by Samsung. Fixing this device is straightforward, and requires only common tools. The Samsung Galaxy Tab is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab is the first model in the series. It was introduced on September 2, 2010

Why does my battery have such a short life?

Why does the battery has to be recharged nonstop?i have the tab for less than a year.how can i fix it?

My samsung tab4 was on 30% 15 minuets later isn't on 1%

I also had it on 13% 2 minuets later it's on 1%

Mine charges to 51 or so and dies at 25 with no warning.

get a new battery... yours is drained.

What am I doing

Don't know what I'm doing

Most Helpful Answer

Above is not applicable. I fully charged mine then placed in standby. Less than 24 hrs later its dead! Why?

battery life can be influenced by a lot of things, first thing you should do is tune down your screen brightness. then check the manual for the first charge procedure, it usually involves fully chargin the battery. you can also have a look into installed apps as some run services which drain the battery. as last resort you can install an app like juicedefender to turn off internet and other power drains if you're not using them.

You can train your battery to have a longer life. If your battery dies quickly it is because it is used to being charged too often.

Let your battery die (Completely) leave your phone off for as long as you can handle (1 hour should also do the trick). If you use your phone a lot or cannot stand having it off for too long at least 5 minutes should also work.

Then charge it fully to 100%

And that is it. You must continue this for a while. Remember not to charge your phone until it is absolutely necessary. I did this with my phone and it got to the point where my phone and I were as one. It charged as I got ready to sleep and it would last all through the next day. On the weekends I used it less and it would last from Saturday morning to Sunday night. It didn't even die anymore.== Heading text ==

I love your tips, thank you sooooo much!!

You should never let your battery drain completely charge it when it first gives you the low battery warning and you can charge it every night if you wanted to it doesn't hurt it because it can't overcharge, the charge controller stops that you'll battery will last you much longer too.

you can be using the wrong charger for it which will kill your battery life i have the samw problem dunno what to do

I'am using the charger that came with it.

I have a Samsung galaxy 3 tablet, as soon as unplug it, 3 to 5 minutes later the battery is dead, when I charge it , it only takes a few minutes for it to be fully charged, as soon as I unplug it, the same thing happens again, draining real fast.

yes that is what is happening to me

And me fully charged when off turn it on and battery says halve full than a few seconds later cuts out,still on contract do you think it is faulty its been happing for awhile now

I also have a Samsung galaxy tab 3, it seems to die when it is turned off completely. I charge it to 100 % then it it still drains fast. Is there anything I can do about this?

no-one seems to know the answer. Do the samsung people read this page?

I had the same problem and I let my Samsung Galaxy Tab die, plugged in the charger and it said I had 38%. So I immediately unplug the charger and drain the battery again. Now it is at 18%, so I repeat until it at 0. Don't know what caused it but now it is fixed.

when you say you drain the battery again, do you use the tablet to help it drain quicker till it dies and charge again or leave it on but take it off charge now and then as the % gets lower?

I'm not sure if this is going to help for the battery life but I just watched a youtube video on how to fix my tablet s3 to charge quicker as it's extremely slow. I am waiting to see if this will also help for battery life but try in the mean time.

Go to KEYPAD, enter *#9900# a menu will come with a whole lot of things. Go to "Low Battery Dump" if off, tap to turn it on. Press exit. Restart device. I've done all that, just waiting for the battery to drain.

It's on 27% now @12h46pm, it should go off anytime now if I open any app. Will come back with feedback

Did this help you? My battery also drains fast. Where do I find KEYPAD on my samsung g3 tablet?

Ye, that is because he is talking about a phone!

I figured out why my battery was draining fast through trial and error. Letting the battery drain to 0% and recharging did not help me, which was one posted solution that I tried. My Samsung Note 2014 Edition tablet battery had been giving me 7 hrs. or so of service before it would drain to 0%. Then all of the sudden, like a day later I was only getting 3 hrs. off of a full charge. Here's what the problem was and how I fixed my problem: The problem was that I was initially charging my tablet with the original wall charger and USB to mini USB cord with no issues. In the meantime, I had bought some generic chargers for when I might be in a different room and want to put my tablet on charge. It was when I was using the generic chargers that my tablet began draining fast, even though the generic chargers charged the tablet to 100%. Here's how I fixed the problem? I stopped using the generic chargers and only use the charger and cable that came with my tablet. Then, I had to take the tablet apart as if I was going to change batteries. There are many youtube videos that show you how to change batteries on a tablet. Then I simply manually disconnected the power plug from the battery (I did not have to physically remove the battery), waited about 10-15 seconds and then re-connected the battery in my tablet and then put the table back together. I restarted my tablet, went in to the Settings and opened up the Battery link. There it shows you how long you have used your battery since the last charge and how much time you have left. Immediately it said I have about 7 hours left, when before I could only get 3 hours out of the battery.

often a bad battery connection will cause this by re seating the connection you might fix the issue. A bad connection will cause to much resistance and actually cause the battery to overheat and in extreme cases catch fire or explode.

If you are having this issue you will notice that your tablet/phone back will feel hot while charging . If you are using it for Facebook app for example or a intensive game it can heat up as well so test it when its off and connected to a charger.

also if you re seat the battery its best to carefully clean the contacts before you reconnect the battery alcohol and Q tip will work or you can buy contact cleaner at radio shack or a electronics store

ALWAYS LET IT DRY BEFORE YOU CLOSE YOUR DEVICE AGAIN !

Did all of the above. Mine Samsung Galaxy 3 Tab is losing charge after 24 hours with or without use, at least on the meter. I ordered a new battery, had apart, replaced, did factory reset. But even if powered totally off its sucking energy somewhere, and cant seem to find solution!

Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I have 2 tab 3's and they both have this issue. I'm thinking it's more an issue with the hardware that charges the batteries and knows when to stop charging them rather than a battery issue. Help anybody?

cristinaradutoiu will be eternally grateful.