2.2, 2.4, 2.5, or 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Why is there a blue line on the side of my screen?

My screen has a blue line down the left side. Although small, it is very distracting. Every time i tilt the screen, multiple lines appear. I think it is because the screen is loose but have no idea how to fix it. Please help!

As usual when troubleshooting a display the advice is to connect the computer to an external monitor to check if the problem is limited to the display assy or is caused by a faulty graphic card on the logic board. Identical abnormal video signal on the external monitor would lead to a problematic logic board diagnostic.

Vertical lines are often caused by a LCD panel electronics failure. The LCD electronic board is located at the display upper side. Without moving the lid try to apply pressure each side of the iSight camera and check if there is a change in the displayed video onscreen.

http://img.alibaba.com/photo/229809179/S...

The LVDS (video cable) could also be the culprit since the cable runs thru the MBP hinche and can be damaged inside the hinge or having a loose connection at the connectors ends. Alteration of the video signal onscreen when moving the lid up and down often indicate a faulty LVDS cable.

nice +

iam speechless 100 100

I'm sure my LVDS is the problem, likely at the hinge cuz I can tweak the lid and make the lines change or go away for a minute. So, any shortcuts or a way to take the pressure off the cable at the hinge?

i think have the same problem with LVDS. When I press the lower left corner of the screen (small pressure is sufficient) a lot of vertical lines appears.

May I have to change the entire LCD panel or only LVDS?

Teak Sangaphunchai will be eternally grateful.