0

asle

Aiport card will not fit

This PowerBook G4 12" does not have a factory installed Airport Extreme card so I purchased one. I know it is the correct version. The problem is the card will not go completely into the socket. If I look into the bay I see there is a plastic(?) on the right side towards the right (outer edge of the computer) that stops the card from going in. Do I have to remove this piece and how do I do it? Do I have to dissasemble the PB completely since this is under the logic board? Seems it lies right beside the hard drive.

Edited by: asle ( )

Thanks machead2 for answering! Encouraged me to not give up :-) Well heres the solution. Something had obviously fallen into the slot. I had given up but had a small flashlight and when I looked into the slot I tried to move the small plastic. I managed to get hold of it and it fell out. Voila the card sled in nicely and I have wifi now :-) Hooray for flashlights!

asle,

1

machead3

With Mac's if it fit's it'll work, conversely if it doesn't fit you probably have the wrong part. Of course you tried flipping the card over.

If this Answer is helpful please remember to return and mark it Accepted.

Airport Extreme Card

Remove wires from your life / 802.11g internal card — 50+ available at 14.95 each.