0

asheley
1

My charger port on my Android tablet is broken how can I fix it?

so i was charging my tablet because it was dieing but the charging it has been very difficult i put the charger in and hold it down or pull it back to charge it but when i tired charging it today i think i pulled it back little to far and it wont charge. so i tried to adjusting the charge port but it seems to be loose and refuses to charge i used a UBS connection to the laptop but it turns on and says "force to shut down" so i know it still works but i just can't charge it i know its not the charger. so does anyone have any suggestions to charge my tablet without the charger? please i really need help. thank you

Edited by: Jeff Suovanen ( )

My cousin has the same problem his charging port is broken.

KATHERINE RANDLE,

same.........

RHODA LYNCH,

4

asheley, since I do not know what make/model your tablet is, it will be difficult to be specific. Most of the charging ports are micro USB and soldered unto the logic board. A repair of the port would require you to disassemble your tablet, and to (most likely) de-solder the old port and replace it with a new one. Sometimes, it is just the solder that has come loose and might be fixable by just re-soldering. Replacement ports, if it is a standard connector, are usually available at places like Mouser.com or Digikey.com. Hope this helps, good luck.

what in the world that does not help

kelis,

Thank you oldturkey03 that's exactly what I need to do and I've been looking all over to find the part so I can solder a new one in. Know one seems to know what I'm talking about, but you hit the nail on the head. My son while trying to charge his tablet broke the little pins on the port that connect to the logic board because the connection was never tight and he had to wiggle it constantly to get it to charge. I wish these connections would have to click into place they're just to flimzy

cre8tv1,

I have the very same problem and dont know what to do. As I dont want to be without my samsung tab 3 If it has to go back to the shop. But I may not have anyother option.

juliaannebennison,

2

hanna robinss
31

Uhh..get a safety pin or any type of sharp pin. The charger port that's broken, stick the pin in and slide around the outsides, and see if any dirt comes out. If any does, then thats the problem, and if any doesn't, then YA CAN'T FIX IT. If you wanted to fix it, you would have to pay alot, so its no point if with that money you can just buy A NEW ONE! Hope I helped, good luck.

hanna robinss, this is a micro USB not a barrel connector. I am not sure where you learned that trick. Quite a diagnostician...

OH, wow, what is a diagnostician, if I may ask?

hanna robinss,

a specialist or expert in making diagnoses

Oh, wow, just mind your own bussiness, and let me say what I WANNA say.

hanna robinss,

I wish I could but not when the information is erroneous and misleading.

1

jeremy
13

get the shaking app to charge it

1

avinash
13

Push try charger down

1

bug menot
13

More likely, Geek Squad wouldn't even know how to solder a pin, yet alone surface-mount devices. ;)

1

Sonja Keesee
13

I hope this helps. This link will show you how to repair the charger port !!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxpLYf16fc

0

Angel
1

I have kind if the same problem the but were i plug the charger in came loose somewhere inside my tablet so how can i now charge it .... Angel x

Basically the bit where you plug the charger in is broke but i aslo have a usb kind of slot??

Angel,

0

Amelia Winifred
1

Thank you Ashley for posting this question because i am actually having the same problem to. :D Please help

Thank you so much it worked well not really but thanks fro the advice the person that wrote this:: Uhh..get a safety pin or any type of sharp pin. The charger port that's broken, stick the pin in and slide around the outsides, and see if any dirt comes out. If any does, then thats the problem, and if any doesn't, then YA CAN'T FIX IT. If you wanted to fix it, you would have to pay alot, so its no point if with that money you can just buy A NEW ONE! Hope I helped, good luck. Because it did work and dient wat i did is i got a sowing pin and fixed the socket things and walla it worked thatnks So much Your sincerly x Amelia winifred

Amelia Winifred,

0

Kitty Cat
1

If you have an old charger you can cut the end off and attach it directly to the battery. Worked for me once.

That's a great way to start a fire.

austin,

Although it won't make any great explosions, Austin is right - there is a chance of a fire, but the most likely thing is you'll blow either the charger or the insides of your tablet. Tablets all have the same battery voltage - 3.7v, and that battery can only be charged safely by the tablets circuit board trickle charging through to the battery. While it's possible to hook the wires off a 5 volt power supply directly to the wires on the battery, it won't be charging it, it'l be pushing that 5 volts into it in a way thats very risky - the battery can swell up (easily enough to crack the delicate LCD panel inside), it can swell and go >pop<, it can gain too much charge and get so hot it can melt, or go on fire from a mix of the heat and more power coming in. You can power a tablet by directly wiring a suitable voltage/amp power supply, but that should only be done to the same charging port connections that the original charger plugged in to - never directly to the battery Red & Black wires.

philpeacock,

0

Melissa
1

Well I'm having a major problem my son pushed the charger in to far and broke the silver it's that connects the charger now it won't charge can it be fixed

0

loldeth12345
1

im having the same prob but i can charde mine in very strange places that i have to hold it in pleas help me :'(

0

Bryce
1

I am having a similar but different problem my micro usb on my tablet has fallen inside of the tablet and I cant pull it back into place

0

Samantha
1

My tablet wont charge or turn on... I don't know what to do! its a hisense and Ive tried calling the hisense company but they aren't much help! I threw away the box or I misplaced it! HELP!

If it's the sero 7 pro, I'm having the exact same problem.

Gabe,

0

philpeacock
1

There's a lot of odd messages and some odd answers here too lol.

Although this is an old question, the answer is as relevant today as it was back then so here goes.....

Tablets come in all sorts of charging variations, they vary in the type of connection used, and the voltage they take. The actual socket to charge may be mini-USB, micro-USB, or a standard socket/pin type. The easiest to break are the socket/pin types. No matter what make of tablet those pins are rubbish - too small to be strong, and they are expected to be knocked all over the place while the tablets in use and charging. The USB types tend to be stronger, but again the micro-USB (as used on most mobile phones) as are again not very strong.

If your tablet charges off a socket/pin type, it can be 5volt up to 12volt to charge it, and if its charged using either of the USB types then it's a 5volt charge. But that's not connected with the initial question, so . . .

Some tablets (if you're very very lucky) will have both a socket/pin and a USB charging port - you'l only know this by testing it. Plug in a USB cable (most mobile chargers will do for this purpose - but they will charge v e r y slowly lol), and if it charges up then that's ok :-) If it doesn't then you most likely need to fit a new socket/pin inside it :-( Some tablets (its rare though) like the Acer Arconia A500, have the socket on a wire so it's really easy to solder in a new one :-)

Every design of tablet has its own way of being held together unfortunately, so it's not possible to explain each and every model, but it's worth mentioning that a well known video site has videos of most specific tablets, and also keep in mind to be very very carefull on taking them apart as the screens (both the touch panel and the actual digital display) are very very fragile and can crack with very little effort :-(

A simple way to test if your socket is broken is to turn off the tablet, and take a tiny stic (toothpicks are ideal for this) and VERY gently see if you can move the charging socket - this applies to both socket/pin or USB types. If it wobbles about, it's probably broken inside.

0

adeel
1

i have a tablet ,its charging slot is lossened n its not charging when i put the charger in the clot it jusa is too loose to fit it n it doesnt chharge please someone help me on tis?

please guys any advice on this

adeel,

The port may be physically snapped, or it may just have broken solder inside. The only real way to know is to take it apart and check it with a magnifier. The plastic used on tablet charging ports is usually quite brittle and snaps easily after a short time (it's best to either make sure your charger cable is secured so no extra strain is ever placed on the port iteslf), to be completely safe, always charge the tablet before use - but that's quite inconvenient :-) Not as inconvenient as having it break and be completely useless though. If you cant take it apart, or just unsure how to, do an Internet search for that model of tablet by typing something such as "ICONIA A500 COMPLETE TEAR DOWN". That usually gets you what you'l need. If the socket is broken/unrepairable now, search on Amazon or Ebay (anywhere like that) for Replacement Tablet Socket till you find the exact one you need. Be prepared to do some extremely accurate soldering though, these things can be very very delicate and small :-(

philpeacock,

0

Laura Salas
1

Dear,Jeff

I think I know how to fix it just buy a charger at Walmart they cost 40 dollars

He's already said the charging port is loose, and he's tried the cable throigh the laptop. It's the port, not the cable/plug.

Duane,

0

Beyonce
1

Well mine is different it has 3 chargers and it broken how can we fix it?????

Well we don't want a new one

Beyonce,

0

valjuan
1

same here

0

johnbarnewman2
1

To those who cannot get a response from Monster Tablet for your problems, I have found a way to bypass their runarounds,

Their Corporate Phone Number is 415-840-2000

let it go thru the options till the last, then press the last number mentioned and it will take you to the receptionist of AMD and she will then help.

Also their corporate address is 455 Vally Dr, Brisbane, Ca 94005

try reaching them by other means will not work.

-1

nia johnson
1

in the instructions for the d2 tablet , it says DO NOT DIASEMBLE THE TABLET so the video from whoever put up that video is pretty much a waste of time.

Who's instructions are those. "DO NOT DIASEMBLE THE TABLET" means that they will sell you a new one for more money ;-). Definitely open it and fix things....

Haha. Pretty much everything says "do not disassemble"

Duane,

Roughly how much will this cost to repair at the store.? Any ideas please.

juliaannebennison,