Tablet

Repairs for most tablet computers. Because of their small size and frequent use of adhesive, tablet repair is often more involved than laptop repair.

My charger port on my Android tablet is broken how can I fix it?

so i was charging my tablet because it was dieing but the charging it has been very difficult i put the charger in and hold it down or pull it back to charge it but when i tired charging it today i think i pulled it back little to far and it wont charge. so i tried to adjusting the charge port but it seems to be loose and refuses to charge i used a UBS connection to the laptop but it turns on and says "force to shut down" so i know it still works but i just can't charge it i know its not the charger. so does anyone have any suggestions to charge my tablet without the charger? please i really need help. thank you

My cousin has the same problem his charging port is broken.

by KATHERINE RANDLE

same.........

by RHODA LYNCH

What do I do this might be the last time I'm using my tablet!!:'( :'(

by mary abreu

If its under a year old don't wait there is a free warranty If its broke u don't need a warranty in the store Just call the manufacturer And tell them its broke and they will replace it hopefully

by wes mix

Thank you Ashley for posting this question because i am actually having the same problem to. :D Please help

by Amelia Winifred

Most Helpful Answer

asheley, since I do not know what make/model your tablet is, it will be difficult to be specific. Most of the charging ports are micro USB and soldered unto the logic board. A repair of the port would require you to disassemble your tablet, and to (most likely) de-solder the old port and replace it with a new one. Sometimes, it is just the solder that has come loose and might be fixable by just re-soldering. Replacement ports, if it is a standard connector, are usually available at places like Mouser.com or Digikey.com. Hope this helps, good luck.

what in the world that does not help

by kelis

Thank you oldturkey03 that's exactly what I need to do and I've been looking all over to find the part so I can solder a new one in. Know one seems to know what I'm talking about, but you hit the nail on the head. My son while trying to charge his tablet broke the little pins on the port that connect to the logic board because the connection was never tight and he had to wiggle it constantly to get it to charge. I wish these connections would have to click into place they're just to flimzy

by cre8tv1

I have the very same problem and dont know what to do. As I dont want to be without my samsung tab 3 If it has to go back to the shop. But I may not have anyother option.

by juliaannebennison

Did you get it fixed ? If so where did you go to fix it and how much did it cost ?

by imladyluck

What if you lost the receit and can't get the serial number

by Roshanna

Uhh..get a safety pin or any type of sharp pin. The charger port that's broken, stick the pin in and slide around the outsides, and see if any dirt comes out. If any does, then thats the problem, and if any doesn't, then YA CAN'T FIX IT. If you wanted to fix it, you would have to pay alot, so its no point if with that money you can just buy A NEW ONE! Hope I helped, good luck.

hanna robinss, this is a micro USB not a barrel connector. I am not sure where you learned that trick. Quite a diagnostician...

by oldturkey03

OH, wow, what is a diagnostician, if I may ask?

by hanna robinss

a specialist or expert in making diagnoses

by oldturkey03

Oh, wow, just mind your own bussiness, and let me say what I WANNA say.

by hanna robinss

I wish I could but not when the information is erroneous and misleading.

by oldturkey03

get the shaking app to charge it

You can buy the micro usb charge port from ebay for about $6 and I have replaced and repaired about 27 tablets so far with a 100% working repair on all. I charge $45 and u pay shipping. Text me @ 2562027874

by siskjames

More likely, Geek Squad wouldn't even know how to solder a pin, yet alone surface-mount devices. ;)

Push try charger down

I hope this helps. This link will show you how to repair the charger port !!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxpLYf16fc

in the instructions for the d2 tablet , it says DO NOT DIASEMBLE THE TABLET so the video from whoever put up that video is pretty much a waste of time.

Who's instructions are those. "DO NOT DIASEMBLE THE TABLET" means that they will sell you a new one for more money ;-). Definitely open it and fix things....

by oldturkey03

Haha. Pretty much everything says "do not disassemble"

by Duane

Roughly how much will this cost to repair at the store.? Any ideas please.

by juliaannebennison

If you have an old charger you can cut the end off and attach it directly to the battery. Worked for me once.

That's a great way to start a fire.

by austin

Although it won't make any great explosions, Austin is right - there is a chance of a fire, but the most likely thing is you'll blow either the charger or the insides of your tablet. Tablets all have the same battery voltage - 3.7v, and that battery can only be charged safely by the tablets circuit board trickle charging through to the battery. While it's possible to hook the wires off a 5 volt power supply directly to the wires on the battery, it won't be charging it, it'l be pushing that 5 volts into it in a way thats very risky - the battery can swell up (easily enough to crack the delicate LCD panel inside), it can swell and go >pop<, it can gain too much charge and get so hot it can melt, or go on fire from a mix of the heat and more power coming in. You can power a tablet by directly wiring a suitable voltage/amp power supply, but that should only be done to the same charging port connections that the original charger plugged in to - never directly to the battery Red & Black wires.

by philpeacock

If you can push the charger one way and it charges, just put a very small piece of electrical tape to secure it. Glue might work but if something goes wrong or you want to replace it you won't be able to take it off

by Kitty Cat

Then you would have a fire tablet that doesn't belong to Amazon!!!

by Erikson Teets

Take the back off the tablet. Locate the power connector....Micro usb. Remove and replace with new one.. job done. Remember to release the clamp on the ribbon cable connector. Xtech sell the part ...charging usb port ribbon flex cable...hope this helps..The part costs 5.95 GBP.

by Craig

There's a lot of odd messages and some odd answers here too lol.

Although this is an old question, the answer is as relevant today as it was back then so here goes.....

Tablets come in all sorts of charging variations, they vary in the type of connection used, and the voltage they take. The actual socket to charge may be mini-USB, micro-USB, or a standard socket/pin type. The easiest to break are the socket/pin types. No matter what make of tablet those pins are rubbish - too small to be strong, and they are expected to be knocked all over the place while the tablets in use and charging. The USB types tend to be stronger, but again the micro-USB (as used on most mobile phones) as are again not very strong.

If your tablet charges off a socket/pin type, it can be 5volt up to 12volt to charge it, and if its charged using either of the USB types then it's a 5volt charge. But that's not connected with the initial question, so . . .

Some tablets (if you're very very lucky) will have both a socket/pin and a USB charging port - you'l only know this by testing it. Plug in a USB cable (most mobile chargers will do for this purpose - but they will charge v e r y slowly lol), and if it charges up then that's ok :-) If it doesn't then you most likely need to fit a new socket/pin inside it :-( Some tablets (its rare though) like the Acer Arconia A500, have the socket on a wire so it's really easy to solder in a new one :-)

Every design of tablet has its own way of being held together unfortunately, so it's not possible to explain each and every model, but it's worth mentioning that a well known video site has videos of most specific tablets, and also keep in mind to be very very carefull on taking them apart as the screens (both the touch panel and the actual digital display) are very very fragile and can crack with very little effort :-(

A simple way to test if your socket is broken is to turn off the tablet, and take a tiny stic (toothpicks are ideal for this) and VERY gently see if you can move the charging socket - this applies to both socket/pin or USB types. If it wobbles about, it's probably broken inside.

Dear,Jeff

I think I know how to fix it just buy a charger at Walmart they cost 40 dollars

He's already said the charging port is loose, and he's tried the cable throigh the laptop. It's the port, not the cable/plug.

by Duane

To those who cannot get a response from Monster Tablet for your problems, I have found a way to bypass their runarounds,

Their Corporate Phone Number is 415-840-2000

let it go thru the options till the last, then press the last number mentioned and it will take you to the receptionist of AMD and she will then help.

Also their corporate address is 455 Vally Dr, Brisbane, Ca 94005

try reaching them by other means will not work.

if you could take out the battery you could buy another battery and a battery charger you could charge one while you use the other one then replace when low

All u do is pray

i burn the inside of my tablet by uuseing the wrong charger?

asheley will be eternally grateful.