Repairs for most tablet computers. Because of their small size and frequent use of adhesive, tablet repair is often more involved than laptop repair.

How can I fix the charging port on my Android tablet?

I put the charger in my tablet. I have to hold it down or pull it back to charge it but when I tried charging it today, I think I pulled it back little too far, and now it won't charge. I tried adjusting the charging port but it seems to be loose and refuses to charge. I used a USB connection to the laptop but the tablet turns on and says "force to shut down." So, I know it still works but I just can't charge it. I know it's not the charger. Does anyone have any suggestions to charge my tablet without the charger? Please, I really need help. Thank you.

If its under a year old don't wait there is a free warranty If its broke u don't need a warranty in the store Just call the manufacturer And tell them its broke and they will replace it hopefully

Thank you Ashley for posting this question because i am actually having the same problem to. :D Please help

Thank you so much it worked well not really but thanks fro the advice the person that wrote this::

Uhh..get a safety pin or any type of sharp pin. The charger port that's broken, stick the pin in and slide around the outsides, and see if any dirt comes out. If any does, then thats the problem, and if any doesn't, then YA CAN'T FIX IT. If you wanted to fix it, you would have to pay alot, so its no point if with that money you can just buy A NEW ONE! Hope I helped, good luck.

Because it did work and dient wat i did is i got a sowing pin and fixed the socket things and walla it worked thatnks So much

Your sincerly x Amelia winifred

take case of strip small bit wire from black and red wire on battery. get old usb lead remove outer wire to revael 4 wire strip black and red conect to wires on bterry and plug usb into pc/laptop it will charge do this myself (last resort but it works)

«Its an phisical damage we can't fix devices like that»

It's what the warranty said to me

asheley, since I do not know what make/model your tablet is, it will be difficult to be specific. Most of the charging ports are micro USB and soldered unto the logic board. A repair of the port would require you to disassemble your tablet, and to (most likely) de-solder the old port and replace it with a new one. Sometimes, it is just the solder that has come loose and might be fixable by just re-soldering. Replacement ports, if it is a standard connector, are usually available at places like Mouser.com or Digikey.com. Hope this helps, good luck.

what in the world that does not help

Thank you oldturkey03 that's exactly what I need to do and I've been looking all over to find the part so I can solder a new one in. Know one seems to know what I'm talking about, but you hit the nail on the head. My son while trying to charge his tablet broke the little pins on the port that connect to the logic board because the connection was never tight and he had to wiggle it constantly to get it to charge. I wish these connections would have to click into place they're just to flimzy

I have the very same problem and dont know what to do. As I dont want to be without my samsung tab 3 If it has to go back to the shop. But I may not have anyother option.

Did you get it fixed ? If so where did you go to fix it and how much did it cost ?

What if you lost the receit and can't get the serial number

hanna robinss, this is a micro USB not a barrel connector. I am not sure where you learned that trick. Quite a diagnostician...

OH, wow, what is a diagnostician, if I may ask?

a specialist or expert in making diagnoses

Oh, wow, just mind your own bussiness, and let me say what I WANNA say.

I wish I could but not when the information is erroneous and misleading.

get the shaking app to charge it

how could i get an app with no charge

my tablet is not taking charge unless i push it down so i let my stepfather open it and he pulled up the charging port and used something to put underneath it so it does not go back down and he put the charging back in and it started to charge

It's because either, some little bits and bobs in the metal part itself were chipped off, or because you were too rough pulling the dock out. Go to the store you got the tablet from, and ask for a new charger. There's a chance you will get the same one, and a chance you'll get a different one. Try asking for an extra tight one. Try getting a Samsung phone charger, those are quite tight.

What in the heck is the Shaking App, pray tell?

Hi @Gerald Cates,

I think this is what they're talking about.

http://www.digitalcupcake.net/2012/03/28...

Push try charger down

I hope this helps. This link will show you how to repair the charger port !!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YxxpLYf16fc

Take the tablet apart and strip the board down to the Motherboard if you have solder experience take the soldering iron , and go on-line a buy a "flux Soldering pen" they are 3.99 on ebay and also get some desoldering braid replace the dc jack you might have a weak joint or a bent pin

This to me seems logical. This kind of soldering is actually not too difficult with a couple practice runs on some other junk devices and a steady hand.

This is really only helpful to people that know what you are speaking about. Looking at most of these posts they are by very young people......and a few of us that understand but don't have luck opening things up and having them work after I close them. LOL.

I don't know how many comments I have seen saying "Get a Wireless Charger!" but too many when you consider A the models discussed are older or cheaper without Qi charging capability or B the model is just not mentioned. You can't just set any device on a charging pad and expect it to work

I was told that its not covered by the warranty.

That is BS! Acer has repaired (cough- cough) mine twice under warranty. The second repair is staring to fail. With all the electronics I have with charging ports, my Acer tab 10 is the only one that has been a pita.

I called a local computer sales/repair shop and he quoted me $90-$160 depending on the Acer 10 model, Since my gf bought me this 13 mths ago I asked if she had gotten an extended warranty and she did. It goes to Assurion on Monday.

I got my tablet back from Assuring and it's charging but the charger port was a bit loose when I got it back so it's only a matter of time before it fails again. The problem is poor design/engineering.

I just had to clean up the connections and will see ,it comes on so far ! thanks

I can't even with this thread..

I'm gonna keep this in simple English, avoid tech lingo (cause we're here to learn - not make a point), and I realize a lot of you had good/correct ideas but I feel like I didn't get an answer to OPs question because there were so many.

Please open your tablet first (please disconnect the battery before disconnected anything and try not to use metal tools on the contacts!)

Look at everything and if you notice anything that looks weird you should post back here so we can get the right help for you and anyone else having issues.

You might notice the port is connected to a smaller logic board

- if it is it'd be easy to just buy ~that~ part and replace it (yes I realize it doesn't sound cool and there are so many theoretical complications but I trust your judgement and think you'll do fine as long as you try your best!) but seriously don't get the wrong part and break it - please. If you need to see an example what I mean you can Google search a Galaxy S5 Charge Port with flex ("ible cable"), or look at how the Nexus 7 (2013) looks. Yes most of those types have other parts on them so you'll probably want to have a warranty of some sort. Also I have to say this - make sure you're not just buying the whole board (unless you want to) and match everything you can. Size, shape, color, carrier, model number, etc)

If not, please just be careful and if you haven't soldered anything before it might be best to not attempt it and visit someone who will repair it and warranty their work.

^^^And that's the answer - below is irrelevant unless you want to.

I'm not going into how to solder because I'm sure the information is out there, however if that's what someone wants I suppose I can. But make sure you have flux, a soldering iron, people have their own preferences on what solder to use (but there are a couple forums on iFixit about that exact question), low melt solder, a magnifying lens, and a steady grip. (it'd be nice to have an ESD mat too, just avoid building up static, you can touch a metal surface before touching the tablet, and if you can avoid working while standing on carpet.

Yes, this should sound like you gotta go through ~some~ trouble and if you don't work or live somewhere with these things available, it'll probably cost some money to get those things, and although anyone can learn to do this, I wouldn't recommend trying it on something you want to keep the first time you do, if you've soldered bigger things before, its a little different and each contact needs to not have solder touch the other ones. There are tricks to do it quickly and efficiently (ish). Also I have customers always ask me this and I understand but not every port is the same, I wish I could carry hundreds of a single port and it'd be the right one for every device but again check the model.

I'm assuming you want to fix the port and not jerry-rig it - a model number/name would help OP. Please comment if you have any concerns with this comment since I don't want to give anyone any bad info.

Sorry this is a very delayed response but if you still need help you can comment back and I'll be keeping an eye out. If you can post the model # that'd help a lot. Thank you

I get this problem quite often. I have a SMD/soldering station, but you can use a hair drier.

You need:

1. hot air source

2. new charger port

3. tweezers

Use tweezers to hold old port while you heat the solder points. Gently lift the old port until it lifts off the PBC board. Discard old port and pick up the new one with the tweezers the whole time keeping the area hot with the air. Set the new port on the board where the old one, was keeping the hot air on it. When it's ready to turn soft and pliable, anchor the port in the space. This process is known as "reflowing". It takes a few times to get better.

note: always have hot air moving, never still.

from what I have gathered there are two ways in which this will have been caused. The first is some dirt or muck has got in to the charging. To fix this get a small needle or hair pin and try to clean it out. If this doesn't work it means it was caused by pushing in the charging cable too hard or the wrong way up, making the port it's self break. You will NOT be able to fix this. The best solution is to search into google "your tablet/phone name + charging port" for example: hudl 2 charging port. Now you can either go to a phone shop and ask them to put it in the tablet/phone or to sac money YouTube how to fit the port in your phone/tablet and go from there All the best of luck

This is not an answer,but i have my own question to ask- my sibling accidently tripped over the charging wire and pulled it out too far and now the charging port sticks out of my tablet with 2 metal strip thingies on each side, and the wire itself-the metal part of it ,there are also 2 metal strips onthe side which i think kept the other small metal things in the middle contained and 1 of the metal sstrips is bent so i cant fit it into the port,but there is an electric shock when i try to put the wire into the charger. Also my tablet dosnt turn on now although it had 71% battery. (my tablet is not Android but a Chu-Wi Tablet annd its bigger than most-i think..13/14 inch.)

I recently came across a problem with the charger port on my phone, where i came across this article. Originally i thought it was my charger so bought a new lead and still wouldnt charge unless i pushed my phone up against something to keep the lead in place. I then resorted to google, found this, got a pin and used this method. The amount of dust that came out was incredible. My phone charges perfect as if it was new.

asheley will be eternally grateful.