Apple's line of MacBook Pro laptops was intended for the professional and power users. The MacBook Pro line includes the MacBook Pro 13" Unibody, MacBook Pro 15", MacBook Pro 15" Unibody, MacBook Pro 17", and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody.

Can I put retina display on non retina MacBook Pro

I know it sound stupid, but is it possible? Do the connectors, hinges etc. match?

Most Helpful Answer

The short answer is no.

But the long answer:

1. The retina macbook pro has a totally different hinge design that the non retina mbp.

2. The display on the retina display actually anchors onto the back of the top lid, so the assembly is different.

3. And even if you were able to shoehorn the retina display into your non retina mbp, it would be ^##$. Check out the retina display disassembly from iFixit - even they cracked the glass trying!

4. The retina display pushes the graphics card on the mbp to the limit, and sucks a lot of battery power. So your computer wouldn't last very long on a non retina battery.

So the answer is no. Sorry!

Samir Alukovic will be eternally grateful.