1

Josh Calvetti

Is it possible to take apart my power brick?

So, I believe my power supply is bad. I highly doubt Apple will replace it for free, so I want to know if it's possible for me to fix the brick. Has anyone ever taken apart one of Apple's power supplies? Do you have any pictures of the process?

Note to mods- would you rather I combine this with my question here? I'd be happy to do so if it would be better.

Edited by: ABCellars, rj713, and oldturkey03 ( )

4

lemerise

The white Apple AC adapter is not easy to take apart. The two parts case are glued and you must work hard to separate them. Here's a link where you can see how it's done:

http://ultimatecarforum.com/smf/index.ph...

Thanks for the link. It sure doesn't look like an easy process, but it's cheaper than forking over 80 bucks to Apple...

Josh Calvetti,

If the cable is damaged then yes you will probably salvage the adapter if you open it to make the repair but if the issue is a faulty electronic component then there's less hope to rescue it.

lemerise,