Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Ranch dressing infiltration! Don't ask.

One 6-year old + bowl with ranch dressing = iPhone 3GS being dunked- connector first. The good news was it was in an OtterBox Defender, which kept the nastiness out of every port and surface • but• the speaker on the bottom left. Now it sounds VERY low (volume), grainy and shrill. Replaceable part?

It is under warranty, but I hesitate, because I doubt Apple would somehow miss the Hidden Valley crammed inside- I assume???

Advice on both topics please? TIA!

It's replaceable- here's the guide.

I'd take it to an Apple store first, just to see what they say. They might miss the damage...

Thanks Josh.

Then I guess I should do a restore first so they don't notice the Jailbreak huh? :)

Another can of worms before dealing with the Mothership.

Yeah, definitely restore. Supposedly, they have a way of telling whether or not you've jailbroken before, but if you act all innocent and confused, they might excuse it.

Seth Kaye will be eternally grateful.