0

sosa12
1

Where to buy Pentalobe Screws?

In the process of opening my MacBook pro retina, I seem to have misplaced one of the pentalobe screws for the bottom plate. Do you have any idea where I could purchase a replacement?

John

Edited by: machead3 and oldturkey03 ( ) , Andrew Optimus Goldberg ( )

2

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

iFixit has some screws from the machine teardown they did. An Apple store may just give you one, but I wouldn't mention that you had opened it. I have to ask, what were you doing inside the machine? And why would you risk voiding your warranty on a new machine?

Hi Mayer, Thank you for the response. You ask valid questions. The lid on the computer was misaligned and from numerous past experiences, I trusted myself realign it far more than apple repair associates. With the exception of the missing screw I am very satisfied with the result and the chance to view the impressive internals of that machine was quite a treat. I did not think that merely opening machine voided my warranty -- hopefully I was not mistaken. If ifixit happens to have a few screws, I would greatly appreciate your extreme generosity if you might be able to send me two longer screws (one to have as a spare just in case as they are hard to come by). I would gladly pay for shipping charges. Many thanks for all your help! All the best, John

sosa12,

I don't work for iFixit. I just answer questions to help people. To get directly to iFixit, go to this link and contact them: http://www.ifixit.com/Info/contact

mayer,

0

guglen
11

Hi John,

also i am looking for the screws, you have found something?

Can you let me know?

Gug