I cant plug in the digitizer cable?

This is rediculous! I have a friend that asked me to fix the screen of his 4th gen ipod touch. i have done 2nd and 3rd gens many times, and i just said yes, forgetting that 4th gens are a pain in the neck! :/ well i get it, and i have no troubles the first time around, till i realize that the touch screen is defective. WHen i went to take it off, the speaker came unplugged. He said he doesnt care about the speaker. I ordered a new screen, and i went to put it in, but i can't seem to plug in the digitizer cable. Now, i accidentally unplugged the cable for one of the cameras from the bottom of the motherboard, and STILL cant plug in the digitizer. NEVER gonna do a 4th gen again. This is absolutely rediculous how much more complicated apple made this. Please, if anybody has any hints or tips or advice, PLEASE help me out.

Try using tweezers to gently push it into place, then if you can gently pinch and try to get it to click, and make sure there is not any tape sticking in front of the connector, make sure you pull it back before. Hopefully the plug on the motherboard is not damaged so if you can plug it in, i would definitely check to make sure that is okay, and not damaged from the defective screen

Matthew Goldstein will be eternally grateful.