Parts & Tools

Everything you need to repair your iPhone yourself! iFixit has free repair guides and disassembly information for every single iPhone, as well as the best replacement parts and tools in the galaxy.

Is it possible to replace iPhone 4 camera with iPhone 4s's one?

Well, I have quite an old iphone 4, maybe 1,5 years old and first thing is that I don't like it's LED flash, in comparsion with newer models it's kind of yellow or even green, so all photos with it are comming with "greenery". So i thought I should find some camera module on Ebay (also, afraid to buy bad copy, don't even know how much should it cost). Second though was - is it even possible to change iPhone 4 and 4S cameras? Well, yes, I think there will be certain software problems (maybe not so critical?), but is it possible in hardware? Maybe you guys from iFixit would like to try it? =)

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

No, the connector on the logic board is different.

Thank you for fast answer, Scott =)

I have a similar question, is it possible to upgrade all of the internals (logic board, camera, etc) to the ones from the iphone 4s? is there anything inside the case of the 4 that is compatible with the 4s?

The bottom mic and speaker unit can be swapped between iPhone 4 and 4S phones, you need to peel off the antenna cable from the speaker assembly because although the speaker/mic assembly is the same, the antenna cable isn't. But it's just attached with sticky tape. The 4 has short antenna, the 4S has longer antenna.

mugi4ok will be eternally grateful.